Thread: Sendero question

Default Sendero question

Can anyone out there fill me in on the difference between the sendero vs the sendero II.

Thanks

Didn't know they had a Sendero II, I had owned the Sendero in 7mm Ultra Mag. I know they are known for the fluted bull barrel, but it was still heavy, plus the Ammo is pretty pricey. Nice looking rifle though, if you don't mind carrying a boat anchor all the time.....K

Default the difference

I'm not sure of all of the differences but the original Sendero did not have the fluted, stainless barrel. In fact the original was vertually the same rifle as the police sniper rifle (PSS). I believe the Sendero II is an upgraded version. There may be some internal differences I'm not sure. It's still pillar bedded with a full floating barrel. Though I shoot the PSS models the Sendero's are good weapons.
    RIDE TALL, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

The difference in the Sendero II and Sendero is the II has a improved stock and trigger.

Hope this helps.

If you didn't know sendero is long action and VS is short action. These rifles are bull barrel blued rifles. The Sendero SF is a stainless fluted and the vssf is also the stainless fluted in the short action.

Default Sendero

I'm not sure what the difference is but I purchased a Sendero in 300 Win Mag back about 93'. It has a medium weight, fluted blue barrel and reciever. It sits in a H&S precision stock which has an aluminum bedding block under the reciever, the barrel floats. Mine was very accurate out of the box w/180-190 grn matchkings and H-1000.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

I guess mine was an SF it was stainless and fluted, and a very flat shooter, not sure why I got rid of it, but I know I did not like the weight, it had the synthetic stock with that splatter paint texture and it was kind of bulky...maybe because it was hard finding the ammo for it, and when I did...I paid for it...K

Thumbs up

I don't know much about the cosmetic differences, but the Remington hadn't produced the Sendero in several years when it came out with number 2. A buddy of mine bought one of the first Sendero II's a couple years ago because they came out with it in .264 Win Mag. It seems a little heavy, I'm used to my Kimber Montana, but it shoots phenomenally well.