Thread: Fly shop kenai?

Default Fly shop kenai?

I accepted a job and moved to Kenai about a month ago. Sadly Mossys isn't two minutes away anymore. So far I haven't found a material source besides whorehouse. Any good local fly shops in the Kenai/Soldotna area where I can get tying material? Maybe a new rod....

The only place I can think of is the tackle store at Funny River Rd & Stirling Hwy. New rod for sure - not sure on tying materials. Also not sure if Trusty Hdwe might have fly tying materials either.

Trustworthy does have a limited amount of fly tying stuff. Key word is limited.
    Kens Alaskan tackle has a bit more stuff but still not a lot.
    Ever since Rich closed the Fishing Hole tackle shop there hasn't been a decent shop specializing in fly tying around.
    I think wilderness way may also sell a bit of fly tackle but I don't shop there much.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

you could go to the dark side and go to the sportsman's.LOL

Sportsmans is sadly your best option. Wilderness way has some stuff but not a very large selection. kens has a bit but still not very large. Trustworthy doesnt have much even worth mentioning.

That's depressing.

Brian at wilderness way has a good selection also..
    Check your PM box

You might just have to make a monthly trek to Anchorage to load up! Also I work in Nikiski and live in Anchorage now, I work 4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off and if the timings right I would gladly bring down anything you need just pm me.
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    You might just have to make a monthly trek to Anchorage to load up! Also I work in Nikiski and live in Anchorage now, I work 4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off and if the timings right I would gladly bring down anything you need just pm me.
    Right on man. I appreciate that offer. Come winter I will most likely be making more trips up that way. Right now though I just don't have the time. I might hit you up on that. Who are you working for out in Nikiski? I was on a job out there three weeks ago.

I work for Ocean Marine Services Inc. I work on Oil Rig Supply Vessels in Cook Inlet. It's year round maritime employment that keeps me fishing 6 months a year! Hit me up anytime, I also have a driftboat in Clam Gulch if you ever want to come float the Kasilof or Kenai.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Make the drive to Cooper Landing and go to Troutfitters or Kenai Cache.