Thread: Tok river

Default Tok river

the fish and game website says 4 wheelers can travel up the tok river drainage. has anyone been up there, know how far in a 4-wheeler can go? I got a permit for the TMA late season, won't be flying in. going to hike it but I would like to get as far in as possible

Depends. When are you headed in? I drowned my ranger on what I consider an average to low water year. Up to that point I was having a truck break water for me.

Depends on rain fall and glacier melt. Been all the way up to the head waters of the Dry Tok on an ATV, but the river was way down. Good luck.

I hunted near the Tok glacier two years ago late season. We flew in, but there were guys on ATVs down in the valley. The problem is you might get stuck out or (probably worse) stuck in there.

Good luck on the hunt!

Tried to send a PM, but you don't have enough posts yet. Got an email I can send info to?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

There's a reason why the rig of choice on that river is a "Deuce and a half"! I drove a truck with 35" tires in there one year. Water was halfway up my tires on the way in... A week later, I was taking water over the hood on the downstream crossings trying to get home! I didn't have a snorkel kit, and to this day I don't know how that motor kept running after being completely submerged at least 6 times at full throttle... I have some good photos of the trip, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    There's a reason why the rig of choice on that river is a "Deuce and a half"! I drove a truck with 35" tires in there one year. Water was halfway up my tires on the way in... A week later, I was taking water over the hood on the downstream crossings trying to get home! I didn't have a snorkel kit, and to this day I don't know how that motor kept running after being completely submerged at least 6 times at full throttle... I have some good photos of the trip, somewhere.
    On several occasions we've needed the snorkel gear on the deuce. Many times water comming in the floor board and on one occasion I'd rather forget we had her float a few feet. Most of the time that river is no place for a quad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

I'm headed in the 26 of august if I can't make it on a 4 wheeler I plan to hike up the Yerrick. I got a tip that was a pretty good drainage as well

daletbristow@yahoo.com thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    On several occasions we've needed the snorkel gear on the deuce. Many times water comming in the floor board and on one occasion I'd rather forget we had her float a few feet. Most of the time that river is no place for a quad.
    Now THAT sounds like it would be quite a butt pucker in that thing...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!