Thread: Has anyone floated the Talachulitna River this year?

Default Has anyone floated the Talachulitna River this year?

Hello all. We leave for the Tal next week and I was wondering if anyone has floated it this year. I am concerned with the water levels being high, like every other river this summer. Any information on the water levels / clarity, log jams, how the trout fishing was, etc. would be great. Also, If anyone has recently got off of Lake Creek I would be interested to hear how the water was on it. I would have to think that water levels would be similar to each other. Thanks in advance. Tight lines

Thumbs up

Off both w/ mostly rental returns... no issues for any so far and normalizing water-levels. King Salmon closures put a damper on traffic (in a way good thing) and Salmon fishing (oh well). Rainbow fishing has been good. Wood in the river has not been problematic for any of my returns and no mishaps in rapids.

Co-worker of mine just floated it the last 6 days and she said it was about as low as they would like w/2 people on a 14 foot cat, so I wouldn't worry about it being too high... And excellent rainbow fishing..