Thread: IBEP(international bow hunter education course)

Default IBEP(international bow hunter education course)

I too an IBEP course in virginia and my hunter safety in nd just wondering if some with experience can tell me if these will qualify for Alaska. Also is there any other training I need to complete or will this suffice?

Yep, as long as your course was IBEP, that counts. When it comes to applying for archery drawing permits you may need to have an Alaska-specific number, so you may want to go into F&G and see if they can issue you one. For other archery-only hunts such as the Dalton Highway corridor, you're good to go. Make sure you carry proof of such in the field, though, as that is required.

I applied for and have been selected for numerous archery draw hunts and I use my IBEP card number, This year I had to scan a copy of the card and send it to the ADFG because they didnt regognize my number, but it only took like 5 minutes to scan and email it and I am good to go.
    So no issues with the IBEP card number

Card number? My card has no number

It has I have completed international bow hunter education course and is signed by me and the instructor

That'll likely be fine for hunts like Dalton Highway caribou, but if you want to apply for registration permits online or for drawing permits, you'll need a number. I'd go see the fine folks at ADF&G and see if they can issue you a number based on your card.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota boy View Post
    Card number? My card has no number
    I had a card from out of state also that had no number. They told me to put my driver license number on it.

I think my number is the Instructors number its by his signature but I use it and am good to go.