Thread: Cabin Cam

Default Cabin Cam

I just got my video from the trail cameras I have mounted on and near my cabin in Talkeetna, check it out if you like watching some critters. These are from the end of April when I stop going in till now when I can get in on a wheeler.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crWA_OGeM0s

Kat,
    One of the coolest videos I've seen made from a gamecam up here.
    Thanks a ton for posting.
    BK

Pretty cool, enjoyed watching the cubs.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thank you, that was fun.

What brand and model camera. I need to buy my first camera, and that one looks good.

Two are moultrie I40s which is an older model no longer made and the other is a bushnell mini cam, I like the mini cameras because they are handier. The two I have used and recommend are the moultrie M-80 or the Bushnell trophy cam, they both work well and last a year on battery although the moultrie also has a 12 volt plug that i can hook up to my cabin solar panels and the bushnell uses 6 volts so it is a hassle. The main thing no matter which one you buy is to test them at home and get familar with the controls and screens so you dont have to learn how to run it as you are trying to hang it on a tree, i also recommend the steel box casue the bears bite them often

Quote Originally Posted by katman1957 View Post
    Two are moultrie I40s which is an older model no longer made and the other is a bushnell mini cam, I like the mini cameras because they are handier. The two I have used and recommend are the moultrie M-80 or the Bushnell trophy cam, they both work well and last a year on battery although the moultrie also has a 12 volt plug that i can hook up to my cabin solar panels and the bushnell uses 6 volts so it is a hassle. The main thing no matter which one you buy is to test them at home and get familar with the controls and screens so you dont have to learn how to run it as you are trying to hang it on a tree, i also recommend the steel box casue the bears bite them often
    My application would be for cabin security, and not hunting.

Very Nice!!