Thread: Volvo DPH?

Default Volvo DPH?

Just wondering how common it is to spin a hub on the DPH outdrives? I have a D4-260 in front if it and about 971 hours on the motor, outdrive was replaced as 868hrs this spring. Had a nasty vibration on the way home last week and ended up limping in. Sounded like gears slipping when I tried to power up. Took the rear prop off and the plastic bushing was half way out, could definitelly see that it was being spun around and pieces of black rubber falling out. Anyone spun these hubs yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    Just wondering how common it is to spin a hub on the DPH outdrives? I have a D4-260 in front if it and about 971 hours on the motor, outdrive was replaced as 868hrs this spring. Had a nasty vibration on the way home last week and ended up limping in. Sounded like gears slipping when I tried to power up. Took the rear prop off and the plastic bushing was half way out, could definitelly see that it was being spun around and pieces of black rubber falling out. Anyone spun these hubs yet?
    We see a number of Volvo props in each year for hub replacement. There's any number of reasons why they spin so it's hard to say what may have caused yours to let loose. A replacement hub runs around $150.