Thread: high pressure air floors pros or cons request of information

Default high pressure air floors pros or cons request of information

I've often seen sport inflatables (Zodiac type) boat with high pressure air floors. Might be easier to put together I guess, I was considering getting one, do they bend more, any pros or cons would be appreciated

Thanks

thanks for the info...

I have an AIRE Power Traveler that has an inflatable floor. i have had no problems with it while running the Kenai while drifting or under power (8hp prop). The main concerns people have comes from cavitation while using a jet outboard. What are your intended uses?
    Colby Jack

The new high pressure floors around 10 PSI and above are a far cry better than the lo pressure floors. On my Saturn Kaboat it is as hard as a wooden floor and a bear to get it to full pressure. Once there it does not cavitate. Quite a diference from the older no dropstiched air floors.

interesting.

The newer "drop-stitch" floors have come a long way. That is a flat floor that the company I work with came up with in the early 80's it had 100's of polyester 7" strands per sq. foot. we glued it all back then. Had some problems down in Australia with the heat and glue. we now use welded I-Beam floors, which does track better and no more problems.
    Some asian companies are welding their flat drop-stitch out of pvc. works fine on our prototypes, but weighs twice as much and does not roll up well. Briant Ridcherson bought all I had made and love them after 3 years rental with out a scratch.
    Works for him.
    It is very static and hard as a rock. Several Asian companies are doing well with their welded drop stitch floors. I would not worry at all about them bending in sports motor rafts.
    Just my opinion.
    Goo