Thread: Savage Model 42!

Default Savage Model 42!

I see Savage has brought out a new over under chambered in 22LR/410 and I think they have a 22Mag/410 also coming along....
    Not sure the new disign appeals to me better than the old models they dropped, but for a functional survival type pack along gun it is nice to see it being made again....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

sure is butt ugly. Is that a plastic rear sight and ejcetor? What about the front barrel band, is that plastic too? It sure doesn't look anything like the ole model 24.

For the price, I think I'd rather take a 22 magnum taurus pistol (1.5 lbs) and an H n R topper jr 20 gauge(5lbs) for the same price as that over n under. You'd have big rifled slugs, bird shot, and a repeating revolver.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I see Savage has brought out a new over under chambered in 22LR/410 and I think they have a 22Mag/410 also coming along....
    Not sure the new disign appeals to me better than the old models they dropped, but for a functional survival type pack along gun it is nice to see it being made again....
    Well, I like it, MUCH BETTER.

The Mdl 24 didn't look nearly as compact, streamlined, and modernistic as this 42.

If they ever make one in 20 GA,- 22 Mag. I might become a Rarerbit hunter again.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Butt ugly with an absessed pimple on a fat woman!!!

That is a serious disappointment from Savage. My appologies to fat women everywhere for comparing them to that ugly sucker!!

For half the price you can get the Rossi trio in 22 LR, .243 and 20 ga...yeah you gotta switch barrels but that takes 10 seconds. The 20 ga makes it sooooo much more useable and the ammo is cheaper than .410.

Savage dropped the ball on this one...IMHO.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

[QUOTE=Smitty of the North;1142209]Well, I like it, MUCH BETTER.

The Mdl 24 didn't look nearly as compact, streamlined, and modernistic as this 42.

If they ever make one in 20 GA,- 22 Mag. I might become a Rarerbit hunter again.

Your in luck Smitty as they say they will have that 22m/20ga combo coming.... There are quite a few nice 24's out in the market for about $600 so if a person likes the originals better they can be had for about double what this puppy will fetch....

I am guessing you would look right smart in a new "Bugs Bunny" hat!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Butt ugly with an absessed pimple on a fat woman!!!

That is a serious disappointment from Savage. My appologies to fat women everywhere for comparing them to that ugly sucker!!

Good looking and Savage is an oxymoron

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

[QUOTE=Smokey;1142328]
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Well, I like it, MUCH BETTER.

Your in luck Smitty as they say they will have that 22m/20ga combo coming.... There are quite a few nice 24's out in the market for about $600 so if a person likes the originals better they can be had for about double what this puppy will fetch....

I am guessing you would look right smart in a new "Bugs Bunny" hat!
    "I gotcha now, you WABBIT. I'm gonna bwow you into a millyun Wabbit Cutlets."

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.