Thread: Delta Clearwater Report

Default Delta Clearwater Report

Hello, Can anyone give me a recent report for the Delta Clearwater River? Specifically I would like to know how high is the river and what is the water clarity like? Thanks for any reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Hello, Can anyone give me a recent report for the Delta Clearwater River? Specifically I would like to know how high is the river and what is the water clarity like? Thanks for any reports.
    I went there this last Saturday. Conditions on the river seemed normal to me, lots of fish. I went about 4miles up river from the campground.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Jedi,

Is there a land trail that you are able to walk upriver on the Clearwater? Or are you just getting your exercise in humpin it up through the water?

PK

Quote Originally Posted by pk_in_ak View Post
    Jedi,

Is there a land trail that you are able to walk upriver on the Clearwater? Or are you just getting your exercise in humpin it up through the water?

PK
    We are accessing the river with a jet boat. you will have to wade if you want to go up without a boat. Private land will prohibit any significant walking on the bank going up.

Fishing seemed to be pretty good around the lodge area. Every time we came back to tie up the boat their would be someone with a "fish on"
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com