Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?????

Default How's the weather?????

We're down here sweltering in 100 degree temps daily, looking forward to this fall, cooler weather and hunting season. How's the weather up in Alaska?? Snow gone yet??

Too hot! Yes 72 is too hot up north What's worse is the horseflys are out. How can they bite thru t-shirts?

It is right at 105 right now want to trade? I will deal with your workers and you can surf the internet on the taxpayers dime.

45 degrees and misty on my climb this evening. Perfect weather to make one dream of sheep hunting while climbing through the fog and shale.

High of 117 today, forecast for the fourth is a high of 121....Ill trade with anyone right about now, but same as broncoformudy, Ill trade if you want to surf the web and make DSN calls back to the states on uncle sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt83 View Post
    High of 117 today, forecast for the fourth is a high of 121....Ill trade with anyone right about now, but same as broncoformudy, Ill trade if you want to surf the web and make DSN calls back to the states on uncle sam.
    Matt83 it sounds like you have the hookup on phone lines! I am still dragging my feet over to the MWR to use spaware.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Matt83 it sounds like you have the hookup on phone lines! I am still dragging my feet over to the MWR to use spaware.
    Ahhh yes I remember the spawar days from last deployment. I usually use the DSN phone in the office, though later at night because of the time difference, lots of access numbers for on base operators back in the states, and they will patch you through if its a local call. My wifes phone still has a ft bragg number, I call the operator there and they forward the call to her cell in AK...I wonder how much of the taxpayers dime that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt83 View Post
    Ahhh yes I remember the spawar days from last deployment. I usually use the DSN phone in the office, though later at night because of the time difference, lots of access numbers for on base operators back in the states, and they will patch you through if its a local call. My wifes phone still has a ft bragg number, I call the operator there and they forward the call to her cell in AK...I wonder how much of the taxpayers dime that costs.
    That Elmendorf operator only gives you one 15 min call per day and they track you by name so no getting over on them.

That Elmendorf operator only gives you one 15 min call per day and they track you by name so no getting over on them.
    I tried using them once to make a call to wasilla, didnt know it was long distance at the time, I was wondering why they asked for my name and unit. I suppose you could always try giving them a bogus name, and or unit, each time you called. 15 min though? Thats a little ridiculous, I atleast get 30 min through the bragg operator, and its automated.

Oh, by the way, I wont be needing to take you up on your offer of shooting your 375H&H, for trying out a big bore when we all get back. My wife picked me up a .375 ruger alaskan for what I would consider a pretty good deal. However, if your ever looking for someone to go to the range with let me know.

Have your wife get a Majicjack with a local number near a base like Ft Hood or Bragg and use the DSN system. My wife and I used majicjacks for 2 years while she was in Columbia. I had to have one too, since Alaska does not allow VOIP. Skype works well too.
    Be safe and get home soon.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

For once I dont care what it costs the government to let you make calls and think you should get more toward contacting home. I hope you make it home safe and sound and your families are well. If any of you need help with anything in NC send me a message. I am a small town atty in the mountains but if I can assist you or families, just let me know.

For those with fsmily living on post or near ft rich just call friend at work they can transfer you. I will have to ask my wife to refresh my memory how to do it. Folks with family in Wasilla can't help you there.

Currently 59 and overcast here on the Kenai...
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Currently 54 and raining in Valdez. I has rained everyday for over a week. We had fresh snow on the mountain's for the 4th of July. Still several snow piles around town in the snow lots.

Currently 0800 in the morning in Kuwait and pushing 100 degrees in the sun and no clouds in sight.

Currently 0800 in the morning in Kuwait and pushing 100 degrees in the sun and no clouds in sight.
    yeah I know how you feel I worked outside today and it was hot I mean scolding must of been at least 54 in the shade and an even more blistering 55 in the sun....

Smoking hot! Hit 75 today. Whew! Had to wipe my brow once or twice

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Between bites of your 5 lb block of cheese you snack on... All the while sipping on your 2 litre jug of cola.

Ahhhh, relief! A cool front finally came in and the high will be in the 80's. Better go find my sweater.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    I tried taking a nap in the air conditioned hotel rooms here at the terminal but I had to keep rolling over so the sweat could dry on one side of my body.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast