Thread: Polaris RZR 800 Vs. Can am Commander 800XT

Default Polaris RZR 800 Vs. Can am Commander 800XT

I am looking at buying a SxS for me and the Family. I do a lot of riding in the Eureka area as I have a cabin up there. I am stuck between the RZR 800 and the Commander 800XT. I like that the RZR because its only 50" wide and lighter, I like the Commander because of the storage and it just looks like a nice bike all around. I am looking for a vehicle that I can use for hunting as well. Does anyone on here have an honest opinion as to which one is the way to go for Alaska style riding????

Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Eagle River, AK

I almost got a RZR 800 Trail before I got my Sportsman 6x6. I just couldn't find the Boardwalk Blue LE model I wanted, and I saved almost $4K. The RZR is going to be much cheaper than the Commander, and they have been around a lot longer too. I would go for the RZR - if storage was an issue, go for the Ranger.

If you get the Commander, get the 1000.

The rzr is a great machine. I have a 2008. It's been very reliable. I had a front cv axle go bad that's it so far and she has 1700 miles on her. The narrow width is really nice for tight trails. The ride is great, one complaint I have is the touchy throttle , u get used to it but it can be annoying. I would recommend the rzr overall

Southcentral AK

Love my Commander