Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally getting back out - hopefully :)

Default Finally getting back out - hopefully :)

After nearly 6 weeks sittiing and waiting our second son decided to join the world. Now that my wife is getting back on her feet we are hoping to get back out on the water this week. I tried pm'ing several folks I meet up with occasionally but their inboxes are full (spoiled one and propnut etc). So I thought Id post up here and see what folks plans are. We are hoping to get out on or just after the 4th for an extended trip. Any suggestions on where to go? Any one going to be out on the 4th or the following 4 or 5 days?

Hope to see a few of you out there.

Default Heading out on Sat

Hey Patrick, we are headed out on Sat just for an overnight. We have no destination in mind. We are interested in a raft up. Let us know your plans. Congrats on the new arrival to your crew.

Thanks. It would be great to hook up with guys again. Ill let you know our specific plans as we get closer and know the weather.

Any suggestions on where to go? Any hotspots for wildife etc? Where do you think you will head?

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    After nearly 6 weeks sittiing and waiting our second son decided to join the world. Now that my wife is getting back on her feet we are hoping to get back out on the water this week. I tried pm'ing several folks I meet up with occasionally but their inboxes are full (spoiled one and propnut etc). So I thought Id post up here and see what folks plans are. We are hoping to get out on or just after the 4th for an extended trip. Any suggestions on where to go? Any one going to be out on the 4th or the following 4 or 5 days?

Hope to see a few of you out there.
    Congrats to you and the wife on your new little boy...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Congrats to you and your family. We will be out there from Tuesday night until Friday or longer if I can talk the wife into staying. I'll give ya a shout if we see ya around.

Rob
    Knot Too Shabby
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

All cleared out now. I am heading out tuesday for a few days. Heading towards Valdez. Congrats on your new addition!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

We are headed to Homer tomorrow for the week. I'll be driving the RV and son will be towing the SeaSport down with the truck. Our first time staying in a camp ground with full hook up's so it should be fun.
    Even more fun only having to drive one mile to launch every time we want to head out in the ocean.

PS: Friend just called me, they are KILLING the halibut out of Seward. Yesterday they pulled in a 175, 90, and quite a few in the 30-50 pound range. Seems like Seward is having a good year. Hope Homer pans out. Marine report is for 4 foot sea's and under for the week so help it holds true.

A B I G congrats to you sir!
    We are heading out to Valdez tomorrow evening. Hoping to arrive by midnight!!!!!
    Give me a call if you find yourself out that way.
    Hoping to make it out near Cordova to locate some Butts!
    "Reel Wild"

Thanks for all the replys. I'm having major withdraw this year with not being on the water in 6 weeks. Hopefully I'll have a chance to catch up with some of you in PWS (sorry Snowwolfe). Our freezer is running low so I'm hoping to stock away some shrimp and fish on this trip. Now lets just hope the weather holds.

Our boat doesn't have a name yet but the previous owner was going to name it "White Pearl" so feel free to hail that if you see us out and about. We'll see you on the water....hopefully

Patrick,

I'll be out on the 6th and 7th. Going to overnight in Granite I think.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

D-man, Patrick We were thinking about S.Granite on 7th-8th. Shrimp is pretty good that way, might try fishing for halibut if we get motivated. Maybe we will see you out there.

Sounds good. I'm thinking we'll leave either the 4th or 5th and hopefully be out until the 8th. We'll try and stop in to Granite on our way back in and have a drink with you guys. We haven't spent much time around this area. What's the draw? Lets just hope the weather holds up. I know the NWS is only good a day or so out but they're calling with E 20Kt for Friday.

See you, and hopefully others, on the water.

Patrick,

I will be out, but on the Seward side of things, waiting for the silvers to show up. I might head over to PWS for a day or two, but it looks like the weather in the gulf may be picking up where it sounds like less of a good idea. Congratulations, and have fun. I suspect you should be able to find reds, halibut and plenty of shrimp while you are out there.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Thanks jrodgers. Im hoping to make it out and maybe do a little halibut fishing for one day or afternoon. Ideally that would be around Montague. If you make it out that way look me up. Sure would be nice to get a closer look at that rig of yours.

Propnut, I'll be around. Swing over and say hey if you see us.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Looks like we will be leaving Thursday coming back...hopefully....Sunday. We will probably head towards Unakwek Thursday to shrimp then maybe south to fish friday and the head back saturday to do some more shrimping. Hopefully we can meet up with folks on our trip. Good luck to everyone and...weather permitting...well see you on the water.

Weather looks like it is going to lay down on Fri/Sat. I hear it was rough out there this week.

We put off our trip to let the weather lay down. Looks like we will leave saturday. Hopefully we can catch up with you then. Now lets just hope the weather holds and maybe we will see a little sun if were lucky.

Just got back yesterday from 4 nights out. We went out to the south end of Knight and did some halibut fishing. Only got a couple but still trying to figure that all out. Think we caught every cod in that area. As soon as our bait hit the bottom we would have a cod on. We went to Latouche for Lings for the opener on Sunday and did well there. We caught 7 relatively quickly. Had never done that before, so I think that was a success. We shrimped a bit in Long Channel and did so so, got the pots hung up but managed to get them loose tying them off to the bow cleat and using power to get them free. Never had that happen before. Whales and porpoises everywhere. The weather was great Saturday through Wednesday. We stopped at Main Bay Wednesday and snagged a bunch of reds, that was a lot of fun. Water picked up by the time we headed back in yesterday afternoon. Getting the itch to get back out there already. Overall we had a great time. Patrick L, just got your PM and sent one back to you. Guessing you are probably out on the water though.

Nope.....were still here waiting on the weather. Just sent you a pm with our very tentative plans but were hoping to leave mid morning saturday. Hopefully we will meet up with propnut saturday and hope you can join us. Regardless look me up and anyone else whose out feel free to say hello.

PS...sounds like you killed it this last trip. Thats as good or better than any trip Ive had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast