Thread: Mushy Halibut?

Default Mushy Halibut?

Has anyone come across this problem this year? My sister and BIL are going fishing for 'but in a couple weeks and I wanted to know if this was as big a problem as I have heard it is. If so, is it just in Cook Inlet or is it in PWS as well?

You will see an earlier thread discussing this in detail. I just fished a week ago out of Homer.....we probably
    brought in close to 30 Halibut of course only keeping our limit and all were very healthy and quite tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by FbksFishinFool View Post
    Has anyone come across this problem this year? My sister and BIL are going fishing for 'but in a couple weeks and I wanted to know if this was as big a problem as I have heard it is. If so, is it just in Cook Inlet or is it in PWS as well?
    Yeah, if you haven't found it yet here's a link: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-Mushy-halibut. There's lots of interesting info there.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Never heard of this. Can someone please explain this? Is it something that you find out after you clean them or is it something that you can tell before you kill and accept as part of your limit. Whats it look like or feel like if they are alive. Is it easy to spot? ETC............

Thanks
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    Never heard of this. Can someone please explain this? Is it something that you find out after you clean them or is it something that you can tell before you kill and accept as part of your limit. Whats it look like or feel like if they are alive. Is it easy to spot? ETC............

Thanks
    The link provideed by Muttley should answer all of the questions you've asked, and then some.