Thread: Pheasant in Downtown Fairbanks

Default Pheasant in Downtown Fairbanks

Yep, hen pheasant for sure. Do you have them up there, or is that an escapee from a preserve or private flock?

I raise both pheasant and chukars for my gundog training. Right now there's a wild rooster struttin' his stuff outside the pen I have at the treeline in the backyard, trying to talk a hen or two out. We were watching him out the kitchen window while we had coffee this morning...

Howdy, that hen's just an escapee from an individual. Sure surprised me though. If I hadn't gotten a pic I probably wouldn't have beleived it. As it was I still had to go find a pic online to convince myself it really was hen pheasent. I hadn't seen one in over 15 years since I move to Alaska. I used to hunt them in Montana.

Sent you a PM...

This bird is at the baseball fields across for the Goldpanner field. I see that bird (or one just like it) at least 3 times a week. I see it on the middle field at the 1st base dugout where there is a water hose that leaks just a little bit and it's getting some water there. Then Thursday the bird got pretty brave and was in the middle of the road while all the traffic was headed towards the Midnight sun game. At least people stopped for it and some took pictures. My son whats to blast it with the 410 but no way. It does run pretty darn fast this guys dog was chasing it and it just ran down the first base line to the outfield and then hopped the fence.

GS