Thread: Confusing deer harvest permits

Default Confusing deer harvest permits

I went & got harvest permits from Fred Meyer today and the deer one is laid out differently than the previous year's, where the piece of paper has three segments one on top of the other, and it's kind of implied that the top segment is the part the store keeps. But when I got home I realized the little punch cards are numbered 2 through 6; in other words the number one card must have been still attached to the top portion of the permit that the store kept. So keep an eye out for that if you get a deer harvest permit.

I don't see myself needing all six of them so do you think it will be a problem if I don't have that number one ticket, or will Fish & Game want it to be in sequential order?

Fish and game will want it to be in sequential order.

I don't think it will really matter. I've turned caribou tags in out of order with no issues. As long as they get the right reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The regulations specifically state you MUST use the deer harvest tags in numberical order. Dr. No is correct.

I stand corrected. Page 14, deer hunting in units 1-6 and 8. Thanks for the correction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks... guess I have to have a chat with the Fish & Game office... I visited that Fred Meyer 3 times, they couldn't even find the 2012-2013 harvest permits the last time I went...

ADFG isn't real strict on their deer harvest reports. You could always just wait for them to send the reminder post card and then report your harvest on that. Or.... report online.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    ADFG isn't real strict on their deer harvest reports. You could always just wait for them to send the reminder post card and then report your harvest on that. Or.... report online.
    This is more about wildlife troopers checking your tags than reporting after the season...