Thread: mudlite plys or radials?

Default mudlite plys or radials?

What are the advantages to the radial tires?
    They must be heavier, which is a negative, anything else about them?
    We currently have the ply mudlites and they have been great. The reason i ask is i see alot of people with the radials on these threads.
    Justin

I have Mudlite XTR Radials and really like them. The radial helps hold them flat on the ground and not roll like a bias ply tire which really helps with the corners. It also gives you a larger contact area for traction. The only downside is the added weight. I've also heard of folks getting lots of puctures but I haven't experienced that yet in two seasons of use.

I will stick with my Titan 589's. Yes they are heavy but they sure are nice. Stiff side walls and if/when you puncture one they can still be driven on without and air in them. I have over 2k miles on mine and they still look good.

I've had good luck with the mudlite XTRs but I do have one plug. I think they ride a lot better than the regular mudlites. The reviews on grizzly central of the mudlites are not very good at all. Lots of people are complaining about weak sidewalls and recommend silverbacks or outlaws. Grizzly central has lots of information on all of the tires out there now (weights, true sizes etc).