Thread: What I saw in the yard this am

Default What I saw in the yard this am

The 2nd time I've seen it this week. Today it was eating peanuts that we put out for the birds. It hung around for about an hour.
    Would sure like to see it again, in December.

Saw one just like it just a tad south of your location too. Might be the same fella?
    I'm Pro-Pike.

How cool is that? Have you been able to determine the sex?.......just wondering if there's a den nearby? In the almost 30 years now that I've been here I think I've only seen one. Never any in my area. Heck, I've seen more wolverines than I have fox.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

That's really cool!! It would be interesting to trace the genetics on that one.

4mer,

Need to be in my back yard...the boys and I have killed 5 fox this week...all with really bad mange. We're over run with fox and most have mange or rabies.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    How cool is that? Have you been able to determine the sex?.......just wondering if there's a den nearby? In the almost 30 years now that I've been here I think I've only seen one. Never any in my area. Heck, I've seen more wolverines than I have fox.....
    Haven't seen it pee, so not sure of sex. Tail height in the pic is about as high as the tail gets.
    We had a cross fox in the yard 2 years ago (also seen a couple/few times), not sure if they are related or not. This past winter I didn't see as many fox tracks as I did the year before. Saw fewer hares, too.
    I missed a shot at one almost this dark a couple winters ago when calling - about 3 miles away.
    Neat to see, for sure.
    Went to 3 Bears today & got more peanuts.

Gary, cool, sure wish we had silvers out this way !
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Thanks for sharing the picture. That's a neat looking fox!

That will be a nice fur come December. I was hunting Kodiak this last December and had never shot a fox before the first was a beautiful silver we called in and I took it out it was furred up really nice and now looks great on the wall. Wish we had fox on the KP

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

kodiak has some beauty fox down there!!
    got half a dozen silvers like that and ya..december they look awesome. peanuts huh...might have to "drop" some in my yard....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    kodiak has some beauty fox down there!!
    got half a dozen silvers like that and ya..december they look awesome. peanuts huh...might have to "drop" some in my yard....
    Other animals that also love peanuts include red squirrels (don't forget). Maybe you can get the kids some target practice.
    We've expanded the bait pile to include apples (diced) which the fox also eats (as do the squirrels).

Wow, what an awsome looking animal. I was out with a friend about 8 years ago when he use to trap checking his traps and on our way out I seen one like the one you pictured not far from one of the traps. He seemed to be wise though, my friend never did get him lol.

Great photo... I ran in to this guy on the way back from camping..

hope to see him when season is open.

georeous critters! nice pics! i cant wait untill november!
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)