Thread: Marine Vet Looking for advice and info on Juneau

Default Marine Vet Looking for advice and info on Juneau

Hi everyone, I am the newest member and this is my first post.. I currently live in Phoenix, Az and work at a Nuclear Power Plant providing security. Served 4 yrs in the Marine Corps and 2 tours in Iraq. I am looking to get info from any current active police or firefighters who work in Juneau. Or if anyone knows someone there I could talk to about best ways to further my chances of getting hired there. Also what are the Pros and Cons of living in Juneau. Im like a sponge willing to soak up any ideas and wisdom about life in Juneau. Thanks guys for your time.

Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

You'll need to be a sponge as it rains there a

Good Luck and thanks for your service...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Palmer, AK

Why Juneau?

South Central

Spend some time googling Juneau crime stuff and you will find some interesting stories in the news that may help with the police job thoughts.

Pros - good saltwater fishing for salmon, deer hunting up hill or on the islands, good bear hunting near by for browns, very small town feel when a cruise ship is not in,.........

Cons - it rains a bit, small town issues with everyone up in your mess, housing can be hard to come by, seat of state government, basically "sea locked" with no way out but a plane or boat, some days in the summer 20,000 people get off ships and fill up down town to where nothing moves.

That is pretty much it. There are a couple of folks on here that live down there and can provide details. There also are some good threads on here about Juneau so search them out for