Thread: Anyone had any adventures with highwater this season?

Default Anyone had any adventures with highwater this season?

With big rivers flowing big right now, anyone been out on say Lionshead, Copper, or the Nenana? I've been looking for someone to run Lions head with. I've been living in Palmer for a year now and have yet to float that stretch of river.

Biggest water I've ran this season was the upper Kenai River last weekend. Lion's Head isn't in my plans this year but you might want to look into the Knik Canoers and Kayakers club. They're a bunch of local water lovers with members that do quite a bit of white water stuff in the summer. Here is their site: http://www.kck.org/ Join up and post a message on their list serve, I'll bet you'll find someone wanting to run Lion's Head with you.

Quote Originally Posted by shearej View Post
    Biggest water I've ran this season was the upper Kenai River last weekend. Lion's Head isn't in my plans this year but you might want to look into the Knik Canoers and Kayakers club. They're a bunch of local water lovers with members that do quite a bit of white water stuff in the summer. Here is their site: http://www.kck.org/ Join up and post a message on their list serve, I'll bet you'll find someone wanting to run Lion's Head with you.
    Thanks for the info and link!

I did LH over Memorial Day weekend before the water came up.... It's still about a half foot above the highest level I have ever run it at, so I'm probably waiting another weekend.. Drop me a PM if you want and maybe we can meet to run it sometime.. Cheers!