Thread: High definition (hd)

Default High definition (hd)

One last question on optics before I purchase settled on the Swaro STM but what I need to know now is whether to go high definition or not my question how much does high definition matter and what does it really do

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fp1av1

I would not spend the money on HD glass unless you plan to digiscope or otherwise photograph through your spotter (which is pretty flippin' cool BTW!).

Some folks will say they can see the difference with the naked eye under field conditions...I've never been able to.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    I would not spend the money on HD glass unless you plan to digiscope or otherwise photograph through your spotter (which is pretty flippin' cool BTW!).

Some folks will say they can see the difference with the naked eye under field conditions...I've never been able to.
    That is the same thing I have heard but I have yet to put the two side by side and check it out for myself.

Speaking of "digiscoping", anyone found an iPhone (4) adapter for your Swaro scope? Meopta makes one, but from what I've found, it is not compatible with the Swarovskis. Swarovski sells some hugely expensive adapters for full size cameras, but it would be nice to be able to just tack on an iPhone and take some pictures or video with the spotter.

Dakota, I have 4 year old (ie, not the current upgrade version) 10x30 Swarovski binos and felt that its glass was a good enough comparison to the non-HD spotter scope glass that I decided to not get the HD spotter. So for the price of the HD body, I got the spotter and the eyepiece. I'm sure the HD glass is spectacular, but 500 bucks is 500 buck$. I got the 20-60X eyepiece but after this season I may sell it and upgrade to the 20-50X which seemed to be a good upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    I got the 20-60X eyepiece but after this season I may sell it and upgrade to the 20-50X which seemed to be a good upgrade.
    I don't get it......the lower power is the upgrade?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Yes the 25-50 is an upgrade, its a wide angle eyepiece. (it's also 700 bucks)

Quote Originally Posted by pacific-23 View Post
    Yes the 25-50 is an upgrade, its a wide angle eyepiece. (it's also 700 bucks)
    Affirmative!