Thread: commercial fish opener information ?

Question commercial fish opener information ?

I have been searching google for 20 minutes to come up with a phone number for a hotline or a website that gives the commercial openers for PWS.

I called one last week that good information, but I didn't save the number.

Anyone out there that can help - I would sure appreciate it.

randy

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...areapws.salmon

I dislike the adfg website........it is cumbersome.
    Last edited by Bullelkklr; 06-27-2012 at 21:33. Reason: add

So - now the question is - how hard is it to get into Main or Eshamy or Coghill with the setnets?

Is there a better tide to "try" to float in? I will have to print the releases out and bring them with so that I can "interpret" them on the water.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    So - now the question is - how hard is it to get into Main or Eshamy or Coghill with the setnets?

Is there a better tide to "try" to float in? I will have to print the releases out and bring them with so that I can "interpret" them on the water.......
    These numbers are from the F&G email,
    Announcement recordings are available for gillnet fisheries at 907-424-7535 and seine fisheries at 907-424-7345. In addition, announcement recordings are available in Anchorage at 267-2843.

The setnets are all anchored on the beach end so all you have to do is say outside of the offshore buoys on their ends but keep in mind that they have "hooks" set into the offshore ends of the nets and along with that there are many anchor lines running in different directions. Go slow with a set of eyes on the bow to watch for the sunken anchor lines and you should be ok. Its going to be a madhouse in there on the opener with the setnetters getting the nets in the water and set and of course they will be running the nets once set to heard the fish into them. Main Bay will probably also be loaded with bowpickers on the opener. By the way there are no setnets at Coghill only the bowpickers setting right on the beach and holding the sets.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

ESHAMY DISTRICT: The Eshamy District, excluding the AGZ, will open to commercial gillnet harvest for a 72-hour period starting at 8:00 am on Thursday, June 28. The AGZ up to a line of buoys in front of the barrier seine will open to SET GILLNET permit holders only during this fishing period. A 48-hour period is anticipated to begin on Monday, July 2 at 8:00 am. Harvest from the period that closed Sunday, June 24 was 33,300 chum and 185,600 sockeye salmon with 1,308 deliveries reported.
    As a reminder, all salmon that are harvested but not sold by commercial permit holders in Alaska waters must be reported on a fish ticket at the time of landing (5AAC 39.130(c)(10)). Fish tickets have a “not sold/personal use” field to report these salmon.
    The next scheduled salmon fisheries announcement is anticipated to be at 2:00 pm Saturday, June 30.
    Permit holders are advised that unscheduled announcements based on current escapement data may occur at any time inseason either establishing an additional period or extending an open period.
    Announcement recordings are available for gillnet fisheries at 907-424-7535 and seine fisheries at 907-424-7345. In addition, announcement recordings are available in Anchorage at 267-2843.
    Additionally, announcements, inseason harvest data, and escapement data are available at the following web addresses:
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...pperriver.main (Copper River homepage) or
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...byareapws.main (Prince William Sound homepage).
    Unless otherwise specified, all openings are clock openings based on Alaska Daylight Time, which is based on Coordinated Universal

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692