Thread: Boat

Default Boat

Who's showin me where to take my new boat come September???ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340808422.419578.jpg

Not sure that anyone is going to want to post the location of a honey hole on the forum. I know that I spent quite a bit of time figuring out where to go and how to get away from the crowds. I will say that there are plenty of places to do some great waterfowling. It just takes some time and effort to figure it out. I spent more that a few days "learning the hard way" and it took me a year to finally get it down. But anything worth doing is worth putting time into.

Haha I already know this, im just fishing. I watch people ruin their hunting spots on here with one post and figured it was getting easier to get locations outta people....I just wanted to see what would happen if I asked. Thanks for the reply though, I've got a few buddies tellin me about some spots i just have to go find them.

Potter marsh is a pretty good spot to hunt, lots of ducks there, but you need a fast boat that is really decked with camo well. Bud
    Wasilla

heard alot of ducks hang out around Fire Island...

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    Potter marsh is a pretty good spot to hunt, lots of ducks there, but you need a fast boat that is really decked with camo well. Bud
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Hell why not port of anchorage too?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    heard alot of ducks hang out around Fire Island...
    Actually, i was down at the boat launch in ship creek once, a number of years ago and some guys came in from fire island in a 12-14 skiff who had been hunting at fire island. Aparently is is legal and can be good, they had a half doz mallards and said one end of it had some cover and grass and had pretty good hunting. Might be worth a shot. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    Who's showin me where to take my new boat come September???ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340808422.419578.jpg
    Duh! - maud road!

Head for the hills, jump the beaver ****, head a little to the left, set up in the grass.

Of course your short tail could get you stuck in the high spots.