Thread: Seward Yelloweye June 22, 2012

Default Seward Yelloweye June 22, 2012

So we hit Seward on 22 and 23 Jun. Followed my buddy Charlie on his boat out to an awesome spot. The weather was not what was forecasted, but none the less. it was nice out there. Fog and some rollers, but very fishable. Started the drift and immediately started hitting Yelloweye Rockfish and Lings. They were'nt just average size either, they were huge. My 11 year old son Kory says, Dad, I'm gonna beat you all today. Well...on his first drop, he nails the biggest Yelloweye of the day. I'm so proud of him, but man, I'm actually starting to get jealous. He always seems to catch a bigger fish than me. Anyway, check out the picture. I had to help him hold her up! The other picture is one of the smaller Lings. One, that we could not get in the boat had to be over 50 pounds.

DSCF0806.jpgDSCF0801.jpg

One more pic of everything DSCF0816.jpgon the 22nd.

Nice job! Love to see the father/son time going on. He sure looks proud of that fish and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Snider View Post
    Fog and some rollers, but very fishable.
    That was the biggest fog patch I have seen in a while, good job on the catch.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Yeah, there was fog everywhere, but there were plenty of holes in it to find clear spots to fish. There were times I was at idle going forward as it was so thick I could not see. Was on the GPS a lot of the way out once we got to about Calisto Head. Turned out to be a great day except for Halibut, they were pretty slow.

Yeah, I was on radar all the way out to Driftwood - sometimes less than 1/4 mile visibility.