Thread: Delta Junction this weekend...

Default Delta Junction this weekend...

My wife and I will be heading up to delta jct area to do some fishing from Thursday-Sunday. Never been there before but we will be checking out the Clearwater and whatever else is around. Any advice for fishing the Clearwater without a boat? How are water levels right now?

Thanks

Don't know the water levels, but there are plenty of places to fish off the shore near the campground. I would use dry flies and you should do fine with catching some really nice grayling there.

Although I suggest a boat, Clearwater can be fished fom the bank along the campground area and out in front of the lodge. Do you have waders? you can wade upstream for quite a way. When the sun comes, be ready for dry fly maddness. Beadheads or ESL work well in the shaded and early morning for sub surface presentation. Maybe see you there this weekend? I am going Thursday or Saturday to get a first hand report of conditions.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Yes, we have waders. Got a drift boat, just not what you need on that river, LOL! I have a silver Tacoma with a canopy if you're around. My wife will be the one catching fish.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    Yes, we have waders. Got a drift boat, just not what you need on that river, LOL! I have a silver Tacoma with a canopy if you're around. My wife will be the one catching fish.
    Right on, I will be out Saturday for sure, hope to see you.

Looked for you yesterday..guess we missed you?Did see another guy with a silver tacoma towing a boat. Stopped and talked but he had no idea what the forum was..lol

We were camped in the number 1 campsite near the launch and I'm pretty sure we saw you heading up river later in the morning. We were fishing the opposite bank from the lodge. Looked like you were driving and had a cigar in your mouth? Took me a second to recognize you and by that time you were past us.

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    We were camped in the number 1 campsite near the launch and I'm pretty sure we saw you heading up river later in the morning. We were fishing the opposite bank from the lodge. Looked like you were driving and had a cigar in your mouth? Took me a second to recognize you and by that time you were past us.
    That was me, ok next time. I had a feeling that was you across form the lodge...yeah I almost yelled out, "Mossyhorn?"

Hope your weekend went well.