Thread: Hawaii bowhunter interested in Cordova

Default Hawaii bowhunter interested in Cordova

Aloha from Kauai, Hawaii. I go to Cordova every year to fish for Silvers. I was wondering if there are any opportunities for good bowhunting there in Cordova. In the past I have seen flatbottom boats with big racks sticking out. Are there any friendly bowhunters from Cordova on this forum or do you know of any bowhunters from there who is knowledgeable of the area? Aloha, MI

As a nonresident you have a few options. For moose the Copper River delta area east of Cordova is closed to nonresidents. Unit 6D west of Cordova is open to nonresident moose hunting but I don't think the area is known for producing many moose. Black bear and deer provide the most flexibility in terms of timing and area. Black bear are plentiful in most areas and many of the islands have Sitka blacktail deer. That area got hit hard with snow last winter and I haven't heard how extensive winterkill was on the deer population. There are some registration mountain goat hunts but as a nonresident you would need to be guided for those hunts.

I hunted the Kalalau Trail a few years back, fun times in a gorgeous area. Hope to do it again someday.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff. Your info is helpful to me. I guess I'll just stick to fishing. If you come back to Kauai I'll take u bowhunting. I have a few treestand up in Kokee for hogs, or we can go to Napali for goats. How was ur Napali bowhunting trip? I have hunted there many many times in the past 20 plus years. Where do u live? Michael

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2