Thread: Juneau Fishing Advice

Default Juneau Fishing Advice

I'm going to be visiting our daughter and her family in Juneau beginning July 14, and will be there for two weeks. My SIL and grandkids enjoy fishing, as I do, and we're looking for ideas on what might be running at that time, and suggestions for shore and freshwater fishing. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Gramps

There should be Kings, Chums, and pinks in the waters around juneau at that time.... Won't know until you put something in front of them that they like.. Best fishing is from a boat, but you could also fish at DIPAC (the hatchery). South or north, either should produce something. Spend some days on the water and vary your depth of fishing. Watch and ask others to see what is working.

Echo Cove should be full of pinks at that time. It's a fun little shore fishery. Chums will be in around DIPAC, Amalga Harbor, and other random spots. There should be a few Kings milling around DIPAC and Fish Creek still. Most freshwater streams will have good dolly fishing at that time as the dollies follow the chums and pinks up stream.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Thanks for info! Any updates?