Thread: North Fork of the Chena and a Lesson :-)

Default North Fork of the Chena and a Lesson :-)

Spent the better part of 6 hours floating just above 50 mile CHSR down to Mile 42 CHSR only two issues is the water is dropping and a nasty log jam about 45 mile. Nothing like humping gear 500 yards through Skeeter invested woods at 80 degrees. OH the good times. At least it was not the wood river when it cut a new channel a couple of years back.

If you go expect Sweepers, strainers and Jams! Still all and all as always and excellent float however with no additional water in the system I would think it is not something one would wish to accomplish for a while.

Dang I just figured out I am getting old! Sucks to be me!

RMM
    BMR

next time just ask if it's doable....LOL

man, you should have cleared that log jam for the rest of us, what kind of bush hippy are you, Moose???? LOL

i've been there too, bud. good times indeed. How much deet entered your bloodtream on that trip?

LB, empathetically, out

LOL enough to give me the shakes! Hey was not my choice Wife wanted to test the Pike IK's on skinny water, something local and a little more work. The Boats did Great in fact a reasonable option for the selected adventure however as I stated to her on the way up "darling" I think you might be asking for more than you want to accomplish today. :-) Was cool to teach her how to make a shoulder sling with lift in order to drag the IK's through the woods without getting stuck or hitting trees so it was a good lesson for her.

Funny thing is I don't believe she will be asking to run that section of the river again!

Next up to VC lanidng strip with her and her IK. Maybe just maybe I can prep her for a Kavic Trip next year.

Float on Friends Float on.

wow this sounds fantastic..floating in water is something i enjoy the most.