Thread: Where to Buy Quality Womens Waders and Boots

Default Where to Buy Quality Womens Waders and Boots

Well, after 20+ years, it's time to retire by much repaired red ball waders.

I've got a late-July Alaska trip planned, and figured the selection would be better in Alaska than in Missouri. I'm looking at Simms 3-G. Can someone recommend a good sporting goods store in Anchorage or en route to Kenai that sells WOMENS waders? Hopefully, a store than can provide a little personal service.

Thanks

Go to Mossy's shop in Anchorage on the corner of Dimond and Arctic. It's about 10 minutes from the airport if you get off Airport and head south on Minnesota to Dimond. Nice selection and Mike has no "attitude" towards women. My wife really enjoys shopping there simply because she doesn't have to deal with the "tude" toward women typical of many fly shops.

My View sports has always done us well and I believe they have the widest selection of All Simms waders.

+1 For Mountain View Sports. They have lots of women's waders and shoes. I was just in there yesterday with the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    My wife really enjoys shopping there simply because she doesn't have to deal with the "tude" toward women typical of many fly shops.
    What what??

+2 for Mountain View Sports

My wife got fitted for some nice Simms at Mtn View and decided that the men's Guide boot was the most comfortable as well. She loves how much more comfortable she is now with the right waders and boots than she was before. The staff there is always helpful and as the others have said there is a nice selection.

Mossy's is a great place to go, they have simms as well,, and Mike is a stand up guy. I would go out of my way to go shop at his store, IMO I feel the service you get there CANNOT be matched. But if I had a to pick a back up I would go to Mt. View.

Wherever you go, I'd probably call ahead. I got the last women's M in the G3 waders in Fairbanks ... in APRIL. (they're awesome). As nearly as I can tell they're selling out fast, everywhere.

For whatever it's worth I haven't run into a 'tude towards women in fly shops, although it's certainly there in certain high-profile blogs from the lower 48. This is Alaska, and women with chops are treated just fine.

But definitely call ahead - there's a good chance that the waders have sold out by now.