Thread: Wild West Guns- Filming and Customers

Default Wild West Guns- Filming and Customers

I went to Wild West Guns today and had an unfortunate experience. There might've been a better way to convey the situation to me, but here is what happened:

I will preface this by saying that I am not a long life customer. In 2005 when I moved here, I went there and found there was a little too much arrogance, so I never went back. This past year I decided to give it another go, I stopped by with two Glocks to have night sights put on. I live in Eagle River, and they knocked them out while I waited, and I even bought a Leupold while I waited. I also had them work on an M1A which went well. I stopped by today and noticed the film crews setting up, and asked the young lady if I could have the night sights put on while I waited since I lived in Eagle River. I was told that no, because "we're about to start filming". Last time I had two Glocks done in 15-20 minutes while I waited. I asked the older gentleman behind the counter if filming was taking precedence over customers, and he fired back that "everyone has clocked out", whatever that meant since it was 2 and they close at 6. He seemed a little miffed that I would suggest such a thing.

Hope the new show goes well...

I am sorry to hear of this and oftentimes things like this do not make it back to my section of the shop. Due to financial wrangling of basically two jobs by everyone in the shop now, there are unfortunately, times when all of the gunsmiths are clocked out for filming. We try to keep these times to a minimum during business hours for obvious reasons, today just happened to be one of those rare times.
    I am sorry to hear you weren't treated the way you should have and won't make any further excuses. What I will offer you is that if you stop in on your next trip to town and ask for me I will install your sights while you wait, gratis of course.

Thank you for your patience,
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I am sorry to hear of this and oftentimes things like this do not make it back to my section of the shop. Due to financial wrangling of basically two jobs by everyone in the shop now, there are unfortunately, times when all of the gunsmiths are clocked out for filming. We try to keep these times to a minimum during business hours for obvious reasons, today just happened to be one of those rare times.
    I am sorry to hear you weren't treated the way you should have and won't make any further excuses. What I will offer you is that if you stop in on your next trip to town and ask for me I will install your sights while you wait, gratis of course.

Thank you for your patience,
    Bryan

Good explanation Kid. Normally, when we are filming (and its going to be going on for a long timefolks) we are staggered in terms of staff, today was what they call a "pick up" day where everybody was involved. Thus we were short staffed.

We try, as you well know from your past experience, to gave folks same day service on sight jobs, thats not always possible however. . Sorry that you were offended, but today was one of those days that filming did in fact take precedence over customers seeking same day service, just like on other days your same day service might bump a job for another person.

We were placed even further behind today via screwin around with AWWU, but thats another story. Take up the Kid on his offer
    Ken
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ken-Wi...10532992360444
    Y'all can watch my antics on Wild West Alaska, Animal Planets new hit show.

Kid:

Your sincereness in response is upstanding and what customers are looking for. Stuff happens but it is nice when people try to make it right. Nicely done.
    BEE

I appreciate the offer Bryan, and I appreciate you just calling it how it is and not making excuses. But "what customers are looking for" is no arrogance when replying to a customer, as I experienced. It was easy to tell I was disappointed, but the gentleman and the young lady behind the counter either didn't pick up on it or didn't care. That offer of a free sight job would've been sweeter had it been made before I left the store. If the front-line of your store doesn't know how to deal with customers, it doesn't matter what the people who run the show in the back do or think.

Quote Originally Posted by hre814 View Post
    I appreciate the offer Bryan, and I appreciate you just calling it how it is and not making excuses. But "what customers are looking for" is no arrogance when replying to a customer, as I experienced. It was easy to tell I was disappointed, but the gentleman and the young lady behind the counter either didn't pick up on it or didn't care. That offer of a free sight job would've been sweeter had it been made before I left the store. If the front-line of your store doesn't know how to deal with customers, it doesn't matter what the people who run the show in the back do or think.
    Jim and the front line know quite well how to deal with customers. They told you the truth. We couldnt do a "while you wait" sight job and the reason therefore. If being told the truth is arrogance, then there is nothing more anyone can say.

By the way I was dissapointed that Cals couldnt do my oil change while I waited the other day. So I left it and picked it up later. And paid for it too.
    Ken
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ken-Wi...10532992360444
    Y'all can watch my antics on Wild West Alaska, Animal Planets new hit show.

[QUOTE=hre814;1137482]I appreciate the offer Bryan, and I appreciate you just calling it how it is and not making excuses. But "what customers are looking for" is no arrogance when replying to a customer, as I experienced. It was easy to tell I was disappointed, but the gentleman and the young lady behind the counter either didn't pick up on it or didn't care. That offer of a free sight job would've been sweeter had it been made before I left the store. If the front-line of your store doesn't know how to deal with customers, it doesn't matter what the people who run the show in the back do or think.[/
    You go to any local gun shop in town and you might get attitude or you might not. Only place Ive never got attitude was SW but I've gotten more than my share of blank looks when asking a question. Pick your posion.

Hre814, why not go to Boondock in Eagle River? That place will treat you right. Go in there and ask for Don. He's the owner and a great guy. I live in Anchorage and will drive to Eagle River to deal with Boondock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Jim and the front line know quite well how to deal with customers. They told you the truth. We couldnt do a "while you wait" sight job and the reason therefore. If being told the truth is arrogance, then there is nothing more anyone can say.

By the way I was dissapointed that Cals couldnt do my oil change while I waited the other day. So I left it and picked it up later. And paid for it too.
    Wildalaska, I wasn't expecting a free job. I was ready to pay for it.

The "truth" is not "arrogance", the tone of voice used was arrogant. It's knowing how to talk to people. I don't need to have my butt kissed, but I sure don't need to be talked to with a certain tone. The point of this thread was to show how reality TV and the money it is making you, takes precedence over customers, which you stated above. That's all.

Concerning Boondocks, they told me a few months back that they don't do gunsmithing/sight jobs.

Great Northern Guns has installed sights for me that I didn't purchase there. No lip from Frank either time about not buying them from him, but I started the conversation with "how much?"
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Well forum rules prohibit most of this and chances are it will get deleted so lets bag it here before someone else chimes in witn some super dick comment.
    Woah, woah, woah....I don't see 'moderator' under your username! Get off my high-horse, buddy!

TWB is right...lets keep it cool...

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Woah, woah, woah....I don't see 'moderator' under your username! Get off my high-horse, buddy!

TWB is right...lets keep it cool...
    I seen you swoopin in. Had to clean up my image lol.

Fellas, as most of you are aware, we don't allow negative comments about businesses. The initial part of the post was reasonably productive and respectful based on the dialogue between the customer and the business, but later posts starting edging up against our line that we need to enforce. Thanks for your understanding, gentlemen.