Thread: Biking Lazy Mountain Area

Default Biking Lazy Mountain Area

I'm looking for some new riding scenery near Palmer. Does anyone know if it is OK to ride the ski trails at the Lazy Mountain Recreation area? All I can find is information about winter use.

http://www.matsugov.us/communitydeve...58-lake-louise

You can, but I remember them getting overgrown pretty quickly. The Knik River/Jim Creek trail system can be fun.

Thanks, and you're right, I just went up there the other night after spending a couple of hours in the crevasse moraine trail system. There were some good views but the nordic trails looked pretty grown over, I had to double check to make sure they were even the trails I was thinking of. I only went about 20 paces in. I think I might still go exploring one of these nights.

As for the knik river/jim creek trail system, are you talking about the infamous muddy trails that I hear so much about with ATVs and trucks getting sunk? I've taken a four wheeler all over the trails between the end Maud and Plumley (I used to live off maud) but I've only walked through that infamous trail that starts from the parking lot "pavilion" and goes back to knik where everyone seems to be partying. It was pretty nice and dry, it did not look as bad as all of the stories I have heard. Are there more trails back that way that are bike worthy? Thanks.