Thread: SR4759 for 500SW

Default SR4759 for 500SW

Anyone has any published data for SR4759 loaded for the 500SW cartridge? I understand that John Ross has used this may times loaded to full capacity without any issues.

I am looking for the range between low and max in terms of how many grains of powder. I don't see data published at the Hodgdon/IMR Reloading Data Center for the SR4759 being used for the 500SW cartridge.

Thanks!

Hmmmm. I don't have published data for the 500 S&W with SR4759 but I have loaded it in that case. If you have data for 2400 it loads grain for grain with it but can be loaded a little more with heavier bullets. With 400 grain bullets try 36.0 grains for a starter.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Thanks, Murphy.

Arthury, Google John Ross loads 500 S&W. You will get many pages. One will be 500 S&W loading data- john ross. At the bottom of this page is a place to click on and it will take you to a page that appears to be the same but at the bottom are all the loads for many bullet weights and powders at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps. Sr 4759 is listed for a few bullets.

Yup, I saw that one. I have his complete loading data. If I recall correctly, his data were mainly for bullets that are 400gr and above.
    I am looking for lighter bullets while I get used to the caliber before I venture out beyond.

Anyway, I have already tested my first couple of loads for the 350gr bullets using the SR4759 and it was highly successful. I have written about it in detail here.