Thread: Midway

Default Midway

Midway USA great company. Now carries Sitka Gear. So my buddy that works there in Midway, MO tells me.

Quote Originally Posted by 8yrwait4AK View Post
    Midway USA great company. Now carries Sitka Gear. So my buddy that works there in Midway, MO tells me.
    yeah, I hear they sell pretty much everything for hunting...

They just signed an agreement with Sitka to sell that within the last month or two. A old friend works at the Company HQ in Missouri and called to tell me. Since I go through him he keeps me updated. I know they sell everything just letting everyone know the update since I was born in that neck of the woods and have a few contacts there.

If you are in with Midway, tell Larry to look at what he charges for shipping.
    It is OUTRAGEOUS.

Last week I was going to order two (2) soft scoped rifle cases. Shipping to me in Georgia
    was over $20.00. I ordered elsewhere with shipping included and at the same
    price Midway had listed.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

At least Larry lets us choose USPS! Most of the free shipping stuff doesn't include AK anyway. I am tired of not being able to order stuff because they only offer UPS and won't accept my PO box address despite the fact that UPS transfers AK shipments over to USPS who wont deliver to my physical address.

Sorry if my initial response came across a little sharp it was just a lackluster shot at humor.

I disagree with shipping in regards to ALASKA (this is an Alaska forum last time I checked). Try shipping a ton of heavy lead reloading bullets, and that flat rate charge is a real plus.

Midwayusa is top notch for Alaskans. Only problem is shipping hazmat items, but that ain't Midway's fault.

great more sitka gear in more places...the world will now officially end soon...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I find that if you call a lot of places and ask them to ship USPS, they'll do it, for a lot less than UPS. I keep bugging Midway to ship ammo to us. If the CMP can ship an ammo can full of 30-06 surplus up here for only 15-20 bucks shipping, on 2-day FedEx, Midway should be able to do it. Midway always says "not at this time, but we're looking at it." Someday...

Midway had really expanded the line of products they carry just like everyone else. I guess the key to staying successful in business is being diversified these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    great more sitka gear in more places...the world will now officially end soon...
    Do you not like the gear, Jake?

It's just another brand in the Gore conglomerate now. There are other brands that do what Sitka does for less money and better. I do dig midway though.

ya not a sitka fan, like lujon says, sitka kinda pioneered the "trend" and now its all over the place and still overrated...and over priced.
    midway does carry alot of killer stuff though...
    i haven't yet used a piece of sitka gear and thought, "wow where was this 15 years ago?!", like i thought about fleece, impertec, good knee high rubber boots, my GPS, digital cameras, havalon knives, barneys bags ( i just didn't have one yet..), sliced bread, rangefinders, my MP3 player, NEO air mattress, luxurylite cot, LED headlamps, lithium batteries, and of course lady gaga.
    Master guide 212

ya not a sitka fan, like lujon says, sitka kinda pioneered the "trend" and now its all over the place and still overrated...and over priced.
    midway does carry alot of killer stuff though...
    i haven't yet used a piece of sitka gear and thought, "wow where was this 15 years ago?!", like i thought about fleece, impertec, good knee high rubber boots, my GPS, digital cameras, havalon knives, barneys bags ( i just didn't have one yet..), sliced bread, rangefinders, my MP3 player, NEO air mattress, luxurylite cot, LED headlamps, lithium batteries, and of course lady gaga.
    This might be taking things off topic, but lady gaga is a staple for me. The pinks in the sound almost jump in the fish hold when she's playing.

I agree on the Sitka gear too. I haven't been able to justify the price when I'm happy with the gear I have.

I'll add GoPro to your list BRWNBR... Hoping to get some sweet seining vids to post this summer. Looking at splashing the boat early next week if we can get the stretch finished.

I've only got a hat and jacket from them, but so far I like the gear. I do not pay retail and got the jackets for $75 apiece and my wife and I are both happy with ours...we will see...

and my jet boil forgot to add that.
    ya their clothes work, but they don't change how i hunt or where or what kinda mood i'm in, its just clothes, microtex from cabela's works just fine too.
    merino wool on the other hand...wow now theres some stuff...
    Master guide 212

and my jet boil forgot to add that.
    ya their clothes work, but they don't change how i hunt or where or what kinda mood i'm in, its just clothes, microtex from cabela's works just fine too.
    merino wool on the other hand...wow now theres some stuff...
    Are you using the marino wool mostly as a base layer, or do you like it on the outside as well......like a jacket or sweater? I see that Cabella's micortex is some spendy sh*t too....pretty nice? I've just always been a fan of polartec fleece, and I'm not "up" on all the new high tec stuff out there....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I have merinos of every flavor. Any place I used to use polartec is slowly being replace by merino. The number one thing I like about it is that it doesn't hold stink like polypro does.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

The sitka gear is free shippin