Thread: Any reports on resurrection trail this summer?

Default Any reports on resurrection trail this summer?

Wondering about trail conditions

Thanks

I am trying to find out as we speak, I cant seem to get through to any numbers so far. I will let you know when I find out. I plan on going down tonight and doing the Gull rock trail and resurection pass.

I know palmer creek rd was still heavily drifted in and impassable due to slides over the winter and though I am not familiar with resurrection trail personally I do know where it goes and would suspect that there is still a good bit of snow up high.

Sounds like most of the snow is gone except up high maybe, the trees are most of the way gone as well. Oh and I found this.
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/chugac...telprdb5353189

Just got back. Trail in over all good shape. Trail is flooded around Juneau lake. Calf deep wading at north end of lake. A couple of trees still blocking trail. Once you get up to the pass you will still encounter some snow, just enough to get your shoes wet. Heading north towards to hope from the pass a lot of water on the trails ankle deep. By then we were so tired we just walked through it.

Lots of best scat and moose prints but the only critter we saw on the trail was a woodland frog!

Saw a couple of bikers, by next weekend it should be much better for bikers with less snow. All of the creeks were on the verge of flood stage. Weather Friday and Saturday was almost too nice.

Some jerk left a bunch of trash in the romig cabin. Would have hauled it out but or Romig was our first stop on a three day hike and didn't have enough room to haul out others trash. On the plus side someone left three very heavy but very nice inflatable sleeping pads at devils pass cabin.

Will Try and post some photos later.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by alaskariverguy View Post
    Weather Friday and Saturday was almost too nice.
    No such thing...at least not in AK. when you consider the alternative......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!