Thread: Need to raise the comb of a rifle, what devices work best?

Default Need to raise the comb of a rifle, what devices work best?

My bavarian stock looks great, but has too much drop at the comb. It's a really nice combo with the open sights, but is a bit awkward with a scope. The don't make low profile quick detach rings for CZ, so I'm stuck with mediums. I'd like to find a comb device that's easy to remove when I drop the scope for open sights, as I do frequently. Anybody have any ideas? Leather would be preferable, weight isn't a concern.

BearTooth makes a neoprene slip on with various heigth inserts. It works well. Or can get an American style stock to replace the FS. Depending on wood grade it's $200 -300 shipped from CZ.

I don't want to replace the stock, I like it the way it is. I'm solely looking for a leather comb raiser, but can't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I don't want to replace the stock, I like it the way it is. I'm solely looking for a leather comb raiser, but can't find one.
    You can try one of the leather butt cuffs...ie. Galco, etc. and get about 1/2" or so of increase by the time the leather wraps around the top. Maybe worth a try and will hold some ammo as well.

I've never seen a specific raised comb on one but I guess it's possible with a custom leather shop.

How much lift are you looking for?
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

disregard,

gonna give this a try:
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Tripl...Pad/706669.uts

I'm hoping that it can be removed instantly when dropping the scope for open sights as the comb is ideal for open sights that I use frequently, but still fix mediocre comb height with a scope.

Attached Images Attached Images

Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I have one of these on my 375. I put a piece of foam under it to adjust the cheek height and strapped it on, it works great. I carry a bore snake and a scope ring wrench in the pouch.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/756..._vc=S016125776

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    disregard,

gonna give this a try:
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Tripl...Pad/706669.uts

I'm hoping that it can be removed instantly when dropping the scope for open sights as the comb is ideal for open sights that I use frequently, but still fix mediocre comb height with a scope.

They sell that same one at Sportsmans warehouse I had one on my scoped 45-70 with see through rings it worked like a charm and if you tied it slightly loose you can rotate the pad to the side very quickly for iron sight shooting

A pic on the 45-70