Thread: Spot and stalk

Default Spot and stalk

Shot this beat up old boy. I think he may have tangled with a grizzly.mine 011 (640x360).jpg

Nice, way to go.

Looks like he had a habit of being at the right place at the wrong time,congrats
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Congrats! I bet he had a story or two to tell.

Very nice, how about a few more details of the action.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

congrats..is that a scar on his head above the eye? looks like a decent size bear.

Great job!
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I really like beat up bears for some reason and will have one mounted showing off all its scars and what not if I ever get one like that. Nothing like a bit of character!

Congrats on a nice looking bear!!

Well the story goes as; just back from the Alaska Peninsula brown bear hunting that went two for two.
    Had sometime between jobs so went hunting north of Talkeetna with a few friends. Got there on a Thursday and my one buddy had seen a grizzly on Thrusday night in a field that had a lot of cow's parsnip in it. Me and the other buddy did not see a thing Thrusday, but went on a great hike. On Friday I sat in the field of parsnip hoping to get a look at the grizzly. but no luck. Though the guy who seen the grizzly on Thrusday night did score with a nice bear that measured in at 6' 9" and had beautiful hair. This was on Friday night so most for Saturday we had been taken care of his trophy. Sunday night found me back in the parsnip field and the battle scared bear came walking into the field and got within 90 yards and I was trying to get the camcorder going in the right direction to record the event. At that time I had relized I had not put a round in my gun yet. So I forgot about the recorder and got back on task with filling the freezer with bear meat. At 90 yards one shot and the bear ran 20 yards. I had my bear on ground. I took some pictures and began the task of butchering. Just as that started my one friend had showed up after hearing the shot. Life is good when you have friends that help after the trigger has been pulled. We looked the bear over and he had scares on his head; puncture marks on shoulder. The he had scares on his legs too. So we had come to the conclusion this bear may have meet up with the local grizzly. Bear measured 6' 4". The hunt continued and the last of the group passed a few smaller bear up; but went on to miss his bear for the year. All and all a great time had by friends and my buddy still has this fall to get his blackie.