Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perry Island Oyster's

Default Perry Island Oyster's

We would just like to let everyone know that there are new caretakers at the Royal Wave oyster farm in South Bay Perry Island.Our names are Troy and Melissa and we are here year round.You can reach us at perry_island@yahoo.com with any questions you may have for us.We do have oysters for sale.We answer to Royal Wave oyster farm on VHF channel 16 we will also answer to anything relating to Perry Island or oyster farm if you happen to forget our name.Look forward to seeing you.

Only one word needed, YUMMY

We would just like to thank everyone that stopped by and bought fresh oysters this past weekend,it was great to meet so many new people.We hope to see you again this summer and hope to meet even more new customers in the coming weeks.

Thanks for meeting out at the oyster barge yesterday. They are delicious.

Rob
    Knot Too Shabby
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Troy and Melissa squared us away for three dozen oysters on Friday evening. They were delicious! We can't wait to stop by there again but will be better armed with some champagne in addition to mom's cocktail sauce. Oysters, shrimp, and fresh fish? One heck of a way to rough it in paradise!!!

Oh, gotta bring an oyster knife next time, too. My Leatherman knife worked pretty well though I'd hate to have to get my hand sewed up over a couple of oysters...

What's an oyster knife look like? A small butter knife? I always seem to get shell in mine.......

We'll be headed to South Bay on Sunday or Monday.....weather dependant. Hoping to hook up with 4 Dozen....how long will they keep on ice?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    What's an oyster knife look like? A small butter knife? I always seem to get shell in mine.......

We'll be headed to South Bay on Sunday or Monday.....weather dependant. Hoping to hook up with 4 Dozen....how long will they keep on ice?
    Put them in a mesh bag and soak them in a bucket while you are running. Hang the bag off the side in the drink while you are at rest. This will keep them alive and fresh.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Put them in a mesh bag and soak them in a bucket while you are running. Hang the bag off the side in the drink while you are at rest. This will keep them alive and fresh.
    They put ours in a mesh bag yesterday and we bought 4 dozen. I don't worry about cutting them open. Just a mnute on the grill on one side then flip them over for another minute then they open right up. Then eat'm up....
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by robbentler View Post
    They put ours in a mesh bag yesterday and we bought 4 dozen. I don't worry about cutting them open. Just a mnute on the grill on one side then flip them over for another minute then they open right up. Then eat'm up....
    excellent!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

So school me on this one. Put them on the grill like was said, but cook them for how long? And then put anything on them before eating them? Do you have to take any guts out? Do you chew them or chug them? Obvioiusly, I've been living in a hole...

RAW: If you like them raw, shuck them and eat. You can put some lemon or hot sauce on them but they are so good you can pass this up if you do not have it.

COOKED: If you don't want to shuck them put them on the grill with the deep pocket shell down so the juice does not run out and dry up, heat up, wait for shell to pop open, pull off/cool down and eat them.

Or you can shuck them, keep them in the deep shell, add a little butter, garlic, italian bread crumbs, fresh grated parmesan cheese. Place on grill, wait for cheese to melt, pull off/cool down and enjoy!!!

It all depends on how much time and effort you want to put into them and peoples preference...it is all GOOD!!!

I recommend puting the oysters in a bucket on swim step and add water over the day. Mesh bag works great as long as you remember to pull them in before you take off. The mesh bags don't hold up when they are overboard and on step...don't ask me how I know, it makes for a bad trip!

4 dozen is no problem just call us 10-20 minutes before you arrive and we will have them ready or if you would like to see how they are pulled you can pull up to the barge and watch it will take about 10 minutes or so depending on how busy we are.

Don't forget Champagne Mignonette!! I had to fly to SC for work and didn't get a chance to get out on the water. week.

The Blue Point and Scorton Creek oysters i had here were good but I can't wait to pull into South Bay to get some Perry Island oysters!!

What do they cost a dozen? Just want to make sure I bring correct change and enough $$....You can PM me if you want.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

$15/dozen. And don't eat 'em all up before I get back out there! (please)

They are $15 a dozen and you can email us a perry_island@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by IceKing02 View Post
    $15/dozen. And don't eat 'em all up before I get back out there! (please)
    Don't worry, I will not be out before the 2-3 rd of July, you have time to get one more trip in I would hope.

Thanks for the info RoyalWave, see you in a week. Any problems with bringing my little guys by to watch you pick them?
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

We will be stopping by for three dozen tomorrow. We want to see the harvest, plus the four kids will get a kick out of it.

No problem at all,we enjoy showing the kids how it is done and even letting them select a couple of the oysters.

Ok that will be good,we look forward to it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast