Thread: Anti-seize for marine

Default Anti-seize for marine

I am going to be putting my H-212 back together Friday and was wondering what kind of anti-seize you guys use. I have heard not too use copper so what are you guys using?

At west Marine they sell a teflon paste product in a syringe (I can'tremeber the name )have used it for many years thuogh,prevents corrosion nd siezing even with stainless to aluminum.
    now I remeber. Tef-gel

Grainger sells marine grade anti-sieze compound in pint bottles with a dobber for around $15 + It works pretty good.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help

FWIW, I know this is after the fact here but I/we we being the company I work for plus I also use it at home, Loctite Marine Anti-seize. Its the best I've ever used and in almost 40 years of wrenching, I've pretty much tried em all. We use it on our 2400 HP aircraft engine exhaust systems and it works like a charm. Oz

I use a nickel based anti-seize which I think is a Locktite product as mentioned above. I never had any issues with it thus far. I was actually looking for the white (perhaps teflon based) but went for the other and am happy with it.
    The original aluminum based reacts very badly with the stainless bolts and fastenters and just turns to white paste while taking your alum/mag components with it.