Thread: 2011 ram home(finally quality made it home!!)

Default 2011 ram home(finally quality made it home!!)

First off if it wasn't for mossyhorn I would not have a brooks ram under my belt,Thanks a lot buddy can't wait to hit the hills with you again this year.Well got my ram home and it looks like a sheep should!!Sure can't wait for this season to hurry up and get here.

And I can't say enough about Dan from wildlife artistry does beautiful work!!Here is his work up against last frontier taxidermy

2009 left 2011 middle 2010 right

Nice job and nice ram. Notice how well the horns are set/positioned on the head! Even those other faces would have looked better if the horns were just set right. I hope everyone studies this pic. Thanks for sharing and thanks for helping to educate people.

There is definitely a difference! The ram in the center...well, looks like a Dall Sheep. The two others look like llamas with horns. Not trying to dog you, but what a difference it makes when someone is skilled and takes the time to do it right. My dad always told me, "Do it right the first time, and put pride into your work because you won't always be there to speak for it". Either way, congrats on the rams. I can't wait to get my first. It is #1 on my "have to" list.

AZinAK

Nice ram Kotton.......he's a biggie for sure..!!! But buddy, you may need to either have the other two remounted or put them in other rooms because they really take away from your new ram..........imo......lol.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Hey thanks Jerome, it was a great hunt and trip and glad you got such a beautiful ram. I couldn't have asked for a better sheep hunting partner right out of the gate. I'll remember that whole trip for the rest of my life. And in 54 days we get to do it again!

You should send the picture of all three sheep to the guy that did the first two with a note that says, "the one in the middle is what the other two should look like"!

"You should send the picture of all three sheep to the guy that did the first two with a note that says, "the one in the middle is what the other two should look like"!" I'm with your hunting partner. But good for you for sticking it out and finding someone who can do a good mount!

Glad to see you finally have a trophy worthy of your hard work!!

Thats is really once nice looking ram, wildlife artistry is now going to the top of my list for mounts, they are in Palmer right?

Arent you only allowed 3 in a lifetime?

Looks great! Serious luck goin 3 years back to back!

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Arent you only allowed 3 in a lifetime?

Looks great! Serious luck goin 3 years back to back!
    Kotton is a sheep nut! I have had the chance to drool over his horn collection and these pics don't even scratch the surface.

WOW!! What a difference between your new one and your old ones. I do like the guys out at wildlife artistry. They are also the guys that do those crazy huge life size scenes that you see in Sportsmans Warehouse. That is one good looking sheep. Congrats.

I think that you need to save some for those of us that don't have one yet! Nice!!!
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    You should send the picture of all three sheep to the guy that did the first two with a note that says, "the one in the middle is what the other two should look like"!
    The other two look like they had bad hair days......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

They lived on a windy ridge and had their horns grow backwards.

Its just too bad that hunters cant tell quality BEFORE taking it to the guy that is going to screw their mounts up.

Check their Websites

Look at what they have on their walls in their show rooms, & MOST IMPORTANTLY : Look at what they are currently mounting !!!

Several people that I know have things in their show rooms that they did not mount.

They had someone come in & give them a class or come in & help them out & they put that guys mounts up on the wall.

NOT ETHICAL at all, but it does happen.

If they say they do Quality work, make them show you the quality before trusting your animal to them .

If you dont do the checking them out in advance, you pretty much dont have anything to complain about after they destroy your mount.

By the way, if those 2 sheep were mine that he did that to them, He would be walking around with a sheep hanging out of his rear.

RJ Simington

Man, not trying to "dis" anyone, but the two outer mounts look like their heads are stuffed with newspaper. Thanks for posting.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Now that is a nice looking ram Kotton! I think you did a great job of showing your three rams to everyone on here so they can get a little education, thank you!

How about a cost comparison of the 3?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!