Thread: Cool mount!

Default Cool mount!

A buddy of mine harvested a decent bull last year and decided it wasn't big enough for a full head mount. He saw a picture of a mount similar to this made by a man down in the states, and decided he needed one too. Here is his...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340229538.143423.jpg
    Thought it was a pretty cool mount and was wondering if anyone else had a unique mount?

I did this with a European mount of a ram skull. The Mrs doesn't mind it so much now.

Quote Originally Posted by kingman View Post
    A buddy of mine harvested a decent bull last year and decided it wasn't big enough for a full head mount. He saw a picture of a mount similar to this made by a man down in the states, and decided he needed one too. Here is his...
    Thought it was a pretty cool mount and was wondering if anyone else had a unique mount?
    I don't know, I'm not really digging on it.

I think it is a pretty cool and unique mount, but I have always been a fan of the European mounts for the small antlers. That would be a good size moose mount if you had a smaller man cave though.

Yeah it hasn't been hung yet due to him moving down to the states. but if you cant tell it is an old school pack with the moose mounted as if someone was packing it out. I'm digging the lamp by the way! Dont know that my wife would...

I'm with AK Troutbum...Not sure I like the "supposed to look dead" look. Almost seems like its tongue should be hanging out of its mouth. To each their own though. Respect the fact that he did what HE wanted, and not what everyone else thinks looks good. Heck, I went closed mouth with my black bear rug and I'm sure some think that was stupid. I love it though...and once again, that's all that counts.

AZinAK

Quote Originally Posted by kingman View Post
    Once I really started to look at it I actually like it. Mainly because of the uniqueness of it..!!!

You don't see many sheep mounts like this, but I think it's beautiful.....

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by norsehunter View Post
    I did this with a European mount of a ram skull. The Mrs doesn't mind it so much now.
    Love the lamp...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I got my bear rug closed mouth too, it wasn't growling at me so why bear teeth?

I'm a fan of uniqueness. The picture is a little dark and I would love to see it on the wall to get a better look at the facial expression.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Springer View Post
    I got my bear rug closed mouth too, it wasn't growling at me so why bear teeth?
    Because they have them and they are impressive?

Nice looking mount and a very unique idea for a moose!

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Because they have them and they are impressive?
    Yeah, and going back to what I said...ultimately, do EXACTLY what YOU want. It's not everyone else that will be seeing it everyday and who dropped the money to have it done. I prefer the closed mouth. I display the skull to show those impressive teeth. If I ever shoot one that was roaring at me or coming after me, I may get it mounted as a open mouth rug or full mount. Besides quality of the actual taxidermy work...no one is right or wrong.

AZinAK

I don't care for the 'growling' look either...a nice soft open-mouth can look classy, IMO. Like you said, quality is paramount...

i've seen deer and packboards aplenty, usually in conjunction with another mount though...thats gonna be one big dead moose...worth looking at twice though...and thats what taxidermy is about.

Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212