Thread: Hilleberg Nallo 3

Default Hilleberg Nallo 3

I decided to bite the bullet and trade in the black diamond skylight for a nallo 3. The bd felt flimsy to me and the floor was extremely weak. Im excited to test out the nallo here soon for myself, but in the meantime does anyone have any experiences with the Nallo good or bad? Recommendations about customizing or seam sealing?

Congrats on the Hilleberg! I spent a few nights on a sheep hunting trip in a buddies Nallo GT. Can't remember if it was a 2 or 3. Great tent. Go to youtube and google hilleberg and you can see some tunnel tents in the wind. Pretty amazing.

No need to seam seal the Hilleberg tents. If you go to the Hilleberg website and download thier catalog they explain how they stitch them. The fabric is folded together in a special manner and stitched with a certain type of thread and the needles are cooled during sewing. I have not seam sealed my Tarra and have had it now for 4 seasons I think. It's seen some heavy rain for days on end and has never leaked a drop, ever, not one drop.

Hilleberg cuts all the fabric for a tent then gives all the pieces to one person who sews the tent together. If you look closely you will find a tag that will say Estonia on it and will have the name of the person who made it. Pretty cool. Then another sets it up, "rigs" it and gives it the once over. No chinese assembly line, hand made one by one.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I was wondering why i couldn't find any info on there website about seam sealing! haha

I have the nallo 4 GT and also never a drop of water inside. Congrats on the great new tent!!