Thread: Upper Kenai For Reds This Weekend?

Default Upper Kenai For Reds This Weekend?

How is the upper Kenai doing for reds this week. With the poor numbers I have seen posted for the Russian it seems like there should be some slugs of reds still moving up the Upper Kenai.

compared to last year they are about 5-6 days late the numbers over the counter are looking good going off previous data the big surge should be hitting anyday now also the year 2005 was a great year for reds. So this year should be good if you go off the whole 7 year thing.

How do you think the fishing will be in soldotna? My wife and kids want to get out of wasilla for a couple days so I was thinking about camping down there. Wife doesn't want to go to the Russian with kids due to the bears and stuff.. Thanks for your help

If I were to go to soldotna I would try centennial park. Great place to fish for the late run in July. I'm no expert guys on here with much more knoweledge than me. I just go off previous yrs fish counts and the fact 4-25 isn't here 2009 great yr for reds 4-25 deployed 2010 horrible year 4-25 was here. 2011 4-25 headed to jrtc good year for fishing so this year should be great.