Thread: New pontoon

Default New pontoon

I'm brand new to the area, and am really looking to get into some fishing around the anchorage area in some lakes. My buddy in Fairbanks had a personal pontoon boat he never used and just gave me...and I'm itching to get out and use it! Any good calm water spots/creeks to get out and use this thing? Type of fish? Any feedback helps.

Quote Originally Posted by caz22 View Post
    I'm brand new to the area, and am really looking to get into some fishing around the anchorage area in some lakes. My buddy in Fairbanks had a personal pontoon boat he never used and just gave me...and I'm itching to get out and use it! Any good calm water spots/creeks to get out and use this thing? Type of fish? Any feedback helps.
    Go get a 5wt cheap fly rod at sportsmans with some floating fly line, get an assortment of dry flies, mosquito patterns and what not. Also get some bead headed nymphs and some streamers like wooly buggers and egg sucking leaches. Get some 6lb flourocarbon leader material. You should be able to catch tons of 10" rainbows in any of the stocked lakes around there, check the ADFG website for stocking info.