Thread: Forty mile Obien creek to Eagle Alaska

Default Forty mile Obien creek to Eagle Alaska

O.K. After 4 years of threating, I am finally going to do the float. July 9th or 10th depending on variables. I plan on spending 5 days on the river fishing, drifting and looking for gold. One raft, 3 men and a camera or two.
    Another raft and a few more folks would be welcome. This is a reasonable float with only one section that can be bad. The canyon rapids are dangerous at high water. We will not go if the river is blown out or if heavy rain is forecast.
    101 river miles, two countries and a wild and scenic river. If you have the time, a raft and are interested, let me know.
    I will post pics and a trip report after the float. Next year Eagle to Cirle.

Notice to all concernecd. Ill be on this trip in Blues raft and I need help.....with Blue i mean. Should be a blast. Known Blue for years and hes a good man. little twisted but good.

bump to the top.

Well, things did not go as planed. Big suprise and this is Alaska. We ended up floating from the west fork bridge to the fortmile bridge. Just shy of 80 mile via Naga's GPS. We had a great trip and even found a little color along the way. For those who are interested I will write up the trip and toss in a few pictures in the next day or so. Be safe on the water and have fun.

Well i made i back as well. Had an absolute blast. Fishing was kind of shot with the water volume but that was the only hitch we really had.
    Would do the same trip without a second thought.