Thread: Water sucked up though exhaust

Default Water sucked up though exhaust

Friend got my bearcat 454 suck in the mud hole by the time I got back machine died and he tried starting it, he stpped, we pulled it back, I pulled the plug, cranked it a few times, drained oil a couple times, machine would start but no rpm's, now what

You'll need to drain the carb bowl and get the water out of it.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Replace spark plug, drain water from muffler, water in carburetor, water in air box, check compression (Bent rod/ broken piston) any of these items or combination could be your problems.

I would check the oil again for water foaming. Not sure exactly how water in the oil can effect the rpm but more often than not, won't rev = water in oil (IMHO)
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

latest update, clean out carb, and exhaust, also drained oil, then replaced, would run the machine for a bit, 3 times so far, seems to run fine, also each time before I started machine would shoot wd 40 do spark plug hole, had to go back to work for 2 weeks, so filled up the crankcase to overflow with oil to sit. Any more ideas, somebody was saying pour some marvel mystery oil down the spark plug hole as well. Drain diff fluid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    latest update, clean out carb, and exhaust, also drained oil, then replaced, would run the machine for a bit, 3 times so far, seems to run fine, also each time before I started machine would shoot wd 40 do spark plug hole, had to go back to work for 2 weeks, so filled up the crankcase to overflow with oil to sit. Any more ideas, somebody was saying pour some marvel mystery oil down the spark plug hole as well. Drain diff fluid as well.

Is it running fine now or still giving you problems? I was not sure from what you typed.

Draining the diffs is never a bad idea as some moisture could have gotten in there and it will play hell on your bearings and such if so.

If your motor is running fine now I would stop messing with it. Pouring anything in the cylinder is not going to help anything at this point since your pistons rings will have wiped the cylinders clean by now with as much running as it has done.

Seems to be running fine when I parked it, will check it in 2 weeks when I get back

Diffs as mentioned are never a bad idea to service. If you don't have foamy oil and it is running good then you probably have the water ingestion issue licked and can go back to using it just like you did pre-incident. I have drowned a couple rigs over the years and once it was taken care of I never had a problem. Pouring Marvel down the plug hole is generally something you do if you have been storing it for a very long time or ingested water and couldn't take care of it for several days. The MMO lubes up the rings so that they don't score the cylinder walls or possibly break when you try and start it up. If you have changed your oil and run your rig enough to get it hot then IMHO it will be a waste of time and oil.