Thread: Paxson

Default Paxson

Has anyone ever fished the meandering slow water that the Gulkana becomes just south of Paxson lodge before it empties in to the north end of paxson lake? Looks like it would be grayling city but I've never seen anyone fishing it.

Use to be great fishing however since the Cabins opened up by the Bridge it has been in severe decling IMO over the past 4 years. Side Note: the people who work at Paxson Lodge a couple of years back like to eat Grayling and put a real hurten on the local population of decent fish again IMO. I did however have a nice chat with one of the guys working there and trust me he love to eat them told me all about it over and over and over. Needless to say I have not been back in the past couple of years after that.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    Use to be great fishing however since the Cabins opened up by the Bridge it has been in severe decling IMO over the past 4 years. Side Note: the people who work at Paxson Lodge a couple of years back like to eat Grayling and put a real hurten on the local population of decent fish again IMO. I did however have a nice chat with one of the guys working there and trust me he love to eat them told me all about it over and over and over. Needless to say I have not been back in the past couple of years after that.

Good Luck!
    I think ownershiP of the lodge has changed within the past few years, not sure when, but the present owners are pretty cool compared to the past
    Justin

I fished that area hard...not a single fish in that chunk of water...no way. Better to stick to Tangle if you ask me!