Thread: australia

Default australia

I live on POW island and am 16 years old in high school but i am on a student exchange program in australia. I miss hunting in alaska but i did shoot a kangaroo last week with a 6.5x55 mm rifle and I have got some rabbits but I cant wait to get back and do some deer hunting.

Mark

How do you like the snakes over there?

Thumbs up snakes is good eatin!

...until yous finds out its SNAKE yous eatin! I've got good friends in Ozz! I'd pick yellowtale over rattler anyday, but get enough pi$$ in ya and they all taste good! Fosters is bottled urine!

Anyway. Where are you located? There is a deer over there that I really want to hunt. I'm drwing a blank on the name, but they love to roll in the mud and watering holes.
    buck

Default deer

There are 6 species of deer in Australia, Sambar are the ones that wallow in the mud, their big animals, around 600 lbs. We also have Red deer,Fallow,Hog,Rusa and Chital deer. Lots of other animals to hunt also.

Thumbs up Sambar!!

That's it! They look like an impressive animal. Fallow deer is on my list as well! I gotta tell ya, the crocs don't scare me...it's the bloody snakes that just freak me out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitka hunter View Post
    There are 6 species of deer in Australia, Sambar are the ones that wallow in the mud, their big animals, around 600 lbs. We also have Red deer,Fallow,Hog,Rusa and Chital deer. Lots of other animals to hunt also.

I haven't seen any snakes yet but i have seen some huge spiders . but I might ge tto go on a sambar deer hunt with hounds soon because the deer season just opened here, they also have many wild pigs to hunt also. The roos are fun challenge to hit when they are hopping away from ya.