Thread: One of the bigest KP Brown's you will ever see

Wink One of the bigest KP Brown's you will ever see

Just thought you all needed to see this PICT0165-001.JPG one of the 8 different browns on my bait. never had one this big... The post with the white tip is to give me a idea how big of a bear on all fours would be. If the back of the bear come's to the top of the white it would be a 7 foot bear.
    Bow hunters do it with longer shafts

That is a hog! I bet you wish it was black

GEEZ...that is a monster..nice head and a huge head. Does look like it is a few feet in front if tje stake...but does not matter on this guy..
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

any ideas on what that bear would square out at?

You need Jake, he has a way with Brown Bears that big!!!
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

its hard to tell with that camera angle, the depth perpection is a little deciving it looks like. big bear though, fat too..you must be keepin' the bait coming for him! but i'd guess in the 9 range somewhere...if i had to guess.
    you need to haul in some sand or scrape the tunrda up so you can see tracks..that'd give you tool to look at for ideas on size...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Oh wow that is one huge bear! I would love to get on one that big next season!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    its hard to tell with that camera angle, the depth perpection is a little deciving it looks like. big bear though, fat too..you must be keepin' the bait coming for him! but i'd guess in the 9 range somewhere...if i had to guess.
    you need to haul in some sand or scrape the tunrda up so you can see tracks..that'd give you tool to look at for ideas on size...
    I actually was thinking this was a pretty bold statement by the op as I believe there are a number of 10'+ bears around here yet I don't believe this to be one of them. Pushing 9 or maybe a little under or over, but that's about it....imo.

One thing that I have noticed in the last few months since I have been seeing the pics of a lot of the BIG bears killed on Kodiak and the AP, is that the snouts on the big bears seem to be longer. A lot of these bears around here look to be fairly large, but their snouts seem to be fairly short compared to the head. Ever noticed this? I'm wondering if this is just a trait of a lot of KP bears...???

I was thinking it would be nice to see more pics of that big bear in Soldotna that was killed by the cop last year. I think I heard somewhere that it was a 10'er. Or maybe even the one that the guy killed with his 454 while walking around Mackey Lake...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Boy thats a tough pic to gauge from that angle. There are some biggies on the KP for sure, I have had more then one 9plus on my bait down there over the years. There was also a huge one killed many years back on funny river right at the horse trail that was over ten.
    Gregs bear(the one on Mackey Lake if I am not mistaken was 9 and some change)

Here is another pic of him I'm not the best with judge with browns but i do know that this is the biggest bear I have had on a bait in 10 years of baiting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like the pic..makes me wanta run up, jump on his back...grab those ears, scare the Crap out of him and hold on!!!...
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

PICT0221-001.JPGand one other pic 5'10 black i shot the day after the pic's of the brown were taken

ya i'm not going with 10', i'll stick with my 9 foot range guess. the mass of him throws off the ideas on how big he is. fattness has nothing to do wtih the square measurement of a bear. judging by his size i'd say he's got a circut of bait stations he's probably hitting. never seen a bear that fat in june...be neat if you new some of the baiters in the area and could compare notes and pics and see if he's workin' a whole line of food troughs...been spending alot of time on his butt, his hair there looks like its getting flattened!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I actually was thinking this was a pretty bold statement by the op as I believe there are a number of 10'+ bears around here yet I don't believe this to be one of them. Pushing 9 or maybe a little under or over, but that's about it....imo.

One thing that I have noticed in the last few months since I have been seeing the pics of a lot of the BIG bears killed on Kodiak and the AP, is that the snouts on the big bears seem to be longer. A lot of these bears around here look to be fairly large, but their snouts seem to be fairly short compared to the head. Ever noticed this? I'm wondering if this is just a trait of a lot of KP bears...???

I was thinking it would be nice to see more pics of that big bear in Soldotna that was killed by the cop last year. I think I heard somewhere that it was a 10'er. Or maybe even the one that the guy killed with his 454 while walking around Mackey Lake...???
    K-pen bears are supposed to have longer but narrower heads than Kodiak
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
    Here is another pic of him I'm not the best with judge with browns but i do know that this is the biggest bear I have had on a bait in 10 years of baiting.
    blackcat,
    Have you measured the distance to the top of the stake in the pic? It appears to be right around 4 feet which would put this brownie at 5 ft tall at the shoulder. I'm no expert on brown bears but maybe the experienced hands know if shoulder height correllates to length or square.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Chase that big thing over near Morgan's Landing this fall when my draw permit goes into effect and before the hoardes of registration people show up. I'll take care of him for you..............

Mike