Thread: Alexander Creek directions

Default Alexander Creek directions

Hey guys. im looking for directions and gps coordinates to the mouth of alexander creek from deshka landing. Also if theres any good areas to watch out for. Im looking to run that way but having trouble finding much info other than just pulling coordinates off of google earth and going for a recon. thanks
    NRA life Member JVJ

I live on Alexander Creek but dont know the GPS cordinates (old school). Barely know how to turn a GPS on! But I do know the river. It isnt the easiest place to find if youv'e never been here and most times you need a jet to take the west channel into the mouth. Its easiest to follow someone once and map it out. The last few river miles to here can be tricky because everything is deltas and the water aint deep. I run it on a regular basis hauling frieght to people on the creek and Flathorn Lake. This area of the Sue is really cool to explore. The run into Flathorn Lake, the sloughs down by the inlet are all neat areas in a boat. If you catch me at the right time you can follow me in, otherwise I can hook you up with a couple of weekenders (or townies) and you can follow them.

If you catch me at the right time you can follow me in, otherwise I can hook you up with a couple of weekenders (or townies) and you can follow them.[/QUOTE]

Akbliss, maybe he can follow you in when you bring me my rum?

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    If you catch me at the right time you can follow me in, otherwise I can hook you up with a couple of weekenders (or townies) and you can follow them.
    Akbliss, maybe he can follow you in when you bring me my rum?[/QUOTE]

If this is happening tomorrow and if I can make your schedule (don't want to hold you up) I would be interested in following you in also. Doing a little recon myself, may want to camp back there if you have a good recommendation..

Thanks,

Sorry, cjjeeper, headed to town for a week of flying my plane. Hauled a load in today from Deshka and theres enough water to float an ocean liner down the Su. Of course thats not normal. Have a couple of hauls next week, I'll keep you posted or if Akbliss comes in you could follow him. He has a Tjet so he moves pretty quick! Come to think of it if your in town and thinking about headed out next week on Fiday or Saturday I could meet you and I'll show you how to get here and it'll a save me the cost of a seat fare on a charter. We have a guest cabin you can hang out in for the night in exchange for a ride home too!

I'm not headed down till next Saterday CJ or I would show you the way. If the water is as high as it sounds you wouldn't have any problems getting there. When the water is this high I tend to take every short cut I can find including the sloughs I barely fit in and a stretch of the winter sled trail. Saves a lot of time that equates to less $$$. If you were to follow me now and map it you would be in for a rude awakening if you tried to take the same track once the water drops. The West channel is the fun part of the whole trip. With high water it's no fun and boring. The west channel gets fun when people stick there nose in there and turn around and head to dynamite slough, thats when I like the West channel. Like Alexander sid, lots of deltas and very little water. There has been many times I had to set down in a hole and really study the river before proceeding. I have filled my sand trap more on this little stretch of river than anywhere else I have run. My day is coming where I don't make it through, hopefully on the way out when i'm ligh on fuel and food.

. I have filled my sand trap more on this little stretch of river than anywhere else I have run. My day is coming where I don't make it through, hopefully on the way out when i'm ligh on fuel and food.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if it's on the way out you'll be light on Rum too!

Alexander's a great guide to the area!

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    Alexander's a great guide to the area!
    Thanks Lee!

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    Sorry, cjjeeper, headed to town for a week of flying my plane. Hauled a load in today from Deshka and theres enough water to float an ocean liner down the Su. Of course thats not normal. Have a couple of hauls next week, I'll keep you posted or if Akbliss comes in you could follow him. He has a Tjet so he moves pretty quick! Come to think of it if your in town and thinking about headed out next week on Fiday or Saturday I could meet you and I'll show you how to get here and it'll a save me the cost of a seat fare on a charter. We have a guest cabin you can hang out in for the night in exchange for a ride home too!
    Hey thanks Alexander (and alaskabliss). Your proposition may work well for me next weekend, and yes I would rather run it more toward normal levels for the purpose of learning the river. I had a commitment next weekend but by Tues I should know if it is not going to work out. You can PM me for my cell number. Thanks for the offer gents.

hey guys, i pulled some coordinate off google earth and found it my first time down, then the way back i ran a different route and cut some time off. high water and was a great time. missed a few pike hits but got to check some of the river out. beautiful place. saw some kings rolling too.
    NRA life Member JVJ

Alexander, What's the water levels doing? I hear it's still pretty high

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    Alexander, What's the water levels doing? I hear it's still pretty high
    Plenty high right now. I'll pm you.

I know the water is high, not worried about getting stuck, worried about finding a sandbar to start a fire and throw some horse shoes in the sun with my shirt off and belly hanging out getting burnt and buzzed. A sand bar party as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    I know the water is high, not worried about getting stuck, worried about finding a sandbar to start a fire and throw some horse shoes in the sun with my shirt off and belly hanging out getting burnt and buzzed. A sand bar party as you will.
    Good luck on that, no sand bars for you this weekend. Might as well just bring me some rum and call it a day?