Thread: Hidden Lake....Kid Friendly????

Default Hidden Lake....Kid Friendly????

Hey guys,

I am heading down to hidden lake this weekend for fathers day, and was wondering how the fishing is getting? I will be trolling for lakers if any info or spots it would be greatly appreciated. But the real reason for me posting is i have a couple young kids and i was wondering if there were any little rainbow, or grayling holes i can hit so my kids can get some action. I will probrably throw out some power bait, shrimp, or little spoons for them. Hoping for some help, and thanks if you do.

Joe.

I heard that around the Islands are not too bad. Maybe some else can chime in...

Wouldn't be my first choice for kids. We caught 0 rainbows, 0 grayling, 2 lakers in about 6 hours of trolling a couple weeks back.

I have caught Kokanees around the big Island in the wintertime.I couldn't tell you about the summer fishing.
    The campground is nice and it's paved so the kids could have fun riding their bikes., Also some fun hiking trails around the area.
    Just down the road is Engineer lake which has a few Kokanee in it and that is another option for fishing.
    There are only a couple of camping spots there but you could easily drive there and fish.
    Or you could take them to Kelly or Petersen lake also not too far away and stocked with Rainbows.
    A few camping spots there also but again you could go for awhile and let them catch a few fish then head back to Hidden.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

The couple times u have been there it was slow. Caught some Kokanee off the cliff face on the left as you ate heading out and around the corner

Hidden lake is a great campground for kids, in my opinion. Great bike riding, hiking and even swimming if they're up for it. Really slow fishing, but try around the island.
    Just FYI a young brown bear was snooping around Kelly Peterson last weekend. Seemed to have no fear of humans.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.